• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Free music

Hi all

I have a question for anyone who cares to answer as it will help me with some research I am carrying out ahead of a new project of mine.

I would like to set up an agency/company, call it whatever that provides free original music for use in film and other creative projects. The music would be professionally composed, recorded and mixed after consultation with the film maker(s) to provide a bespoke soundtrack for there project without any risk of copyright infringement etc.

The service would be completely free, unless the client wishes to contribute something, at least for the first year or two.

My background is in electronic music production and Djing but I also play several instruments and wish to broaden my own creative soundscape with this project whilst providing a helpful service to young creatives in the film industry.

I love film but know very little about the industry really so any feedback on this idea would be massively appreciated, very interested to to hear what people think.

Thanks

James

Back