Film Supply

Are there any websites out there that specialize in selling film equipment (cameras, mics, etc) for independent filmmakers? Just wondering where the best places are to look for equipment to use for films.

Speaking of... what are some good sources for film stock? I've got a 16mm shoot coming up in late June, and need to start pricing stock. Student discounts would be good too I suppose.. is it best to just order direct from Fuji or Kodak? I know Fuji offers a 20% student discount.

Yes, order direct. I only trust film direct from Kodak, where you know the can has been kept at the correct temperature, and stocks will be from the same batch, etc.

Online I would say Ebay. Offline, Thrift Stores. You never know what your going to find. And prices are normally low.

For film stock, I've buy right from Kodak. Seems to be the best place. I've never tried Fuji either, but I really want to soon.

I've had good dealings with http://raw-stock.com/ as well. Just another place to check out. Hope this helps. :)

Back