• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Very First Short Film (New to forum)

Hi everybody,
Let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Chaz Squilace, and I have been making videos since I was a child. I've always had a passion, but put it on hold years ago because I was pursuing other passions. I came up with the idea of this film three years ago, and finally got it filmed and edited this month. This was my first attempt at doing anything serious. I figured if I wanted to take a step into this direction again, I could reach out to some forums and start expanding my knowledge of this craft!

I'd love for you to take a look at this. It was shot with a Canon 60D, and edited in FCPX. Any and all feedback is welcome. I really appreciate your time!

A Silent Short Film

Inspired by the track “Awakening” by Jonathan Elias, this short depicts a story of the struggle a man holds after losing his family, and how he finds his way to cope with it.
Starring
Matthew Mullin
Featuring
Audrey Bauer
Alexa Wunderlich
Heather Kane
Brandon Welch
Created, Directed, Shot, and Edited By: Chaz Squillace
Co-Created, Co-Directed, and Effects By: Derrick Jackson

https://vimeo.com/213604352

Last edited:
Nice job Chaz. The truth about the male species... when they're underdeveloped, remaining retards though out their whole lives. The film works perfectly when he enters the barn.

Can we please not use the R-word? A lot of people find that word to be incredibly oppressive.

EDIT: I've used it before, probably on this very website, and I regret that. I know that you probably don't intend to hurt anyone by using it, but regardless of intent, it is hurtful.

Last edited:
This is awesome, I love the origin story behind the inspiration as well.

Also, would someone kindly let me know how to embed Vimeo?

This is awesome, I love the origin story behind the inspiration as well.

Also, would someone kindly let me know how to embed Vimeo?

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it!

To embed a video, click the share button and there should be an embedded link.

Nice! I see that now, I guess when I preview my post I should assume JUST the link won't show up?

:)

Last edited:
Back