• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NEW SUPERHERO WEB SERIES

What do you think of the announcement teaser?

• Terrible

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Alright

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Greatest thing ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Special effects look pretty good. I got one thought you need to ADR your actors voices. The audio for the voice is not that good it is pretty distorted at times and others you have an untreated room with way to much reverb. I suggest ADR all the vocals in that trailer. I have not seen your film but you may need to ADR a lot of that too. I could really hear the quality differences between the low quality sound of the actors voices to the high quality of the music.

I think when you recorded the monalogue you clipped at certain parts thus the distortion. The room with too much reverb is because there was no carpet in that room.

Last edited:
Dude, it really needs to get to the point faster. Four minutes in and nothing has happened. We've met the characters, and they all agree that they need to be doing something. But nothing's happening. The pacing is tedious.

Also... insert of cellphone - out of focus
Also... Black dude - out of focus for his phone calls
Also - Is sound sync'd up properly?
Also - Boom mic shadows in studio/living-room
Also - Studio/living-room hideously lit

That's as far as I made it. Four minutes.

All of the above is constructive. :cool:

Peppy music doesn't offset the slow pace of the story.

Camera focus is about on par with story focus.

Iv watched a bit while waiting for some downloads to finish, here's my two cents.

the dialogue is actually pretty good so far, its funny, relateable but a bit cliche.
the sound, not so much, sound levels are all over the place and so is the overall sound quality. The effects also really don't help imo.

I'll have to admit that Im no expert on camera angles, but im fairly certain you use too much eye-line angles, makes it feel a bit like home video, not narrative film.

As far as actors go, the kid sold the douchebag act well, I felt for the big guy, but the "harsh conversation" between the two felt staged. There were some other weird parts, like at 6:27 the guy is talking to the camera, while the guy he's talking to is sitting on the sofa, also on camera?? The fight after that was pretty terrible, Im hoping that was intentional.... :)

Back