• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How should I write this scenario?

In my script a bad guy frames another bad guy for murder. However I want it so that the cops know it's a frame and close the case, and do not charge the person who has been framed. They let him go and drop the charges, cause it looks like a frame, thereby blowing up in the framers face. Now how do I write it so that the police will drop murder charges convincingly? I was watching some documentary shows for research and the police have charged experts based on flimsy evidence before. So the question is how to make the murder sloppy enough so that they don't charge.

I was thinking that the framer can plant DNA and blood evidence on the corpse, then move the corpse to somewhere else, to fit other parts of the story. However when the corpse is found I need it to appear as a frame that the evidence was planted before the corpse was moved, and that the evidence was not actually part of who murdered the man.

I was thinking I could write it so that the prosecutor says, he is not laying charges cause the evidence points to the suspect being framed, rather than guilty, and leave it at that, or will this definitely require more explanation as to why for the viewer?

Last edited:
I prefer Celtix, but there are alot of different programs you can use. Or you can use a

typewriter. Hell, apparently Lucas likes legal pads. Which I think is BS personally. I bet me

dictates, and then has an assistant scratch it out on legal pads for him. By the way, what do

you think is the best color ink to use on legal pads?

I prefer Celtix, but there are alot of different programs you can use. Or you can use a

typewriter. Hell, apparently Lucas likes legal pads. Which I think is BS personally. I bet me

dictates, and then has an assistant scratch it out on legal pads for him. By the way, what do

you think is the best color ink to use on legal pads?

You beat me to it. *let's all make clapter*

"Any way you want [to]
That's the way you need [to]
Any way you want [to]"

~ Steve Perry and Neal Schon

Though you could also follow Murdock's suggestion and get an assistant to do this for you, but remember to treat them horribly and steal their ideas and not give them credit - it's what all great bosses do.

Back