"Horrors of War" to screen in Columbus & Cincinnati

indietalk said:
Do you think they ripped you off?

Probably, although thanks to the Internet, there's no way to prove it.

Read this...

scifichannel said:
In the last days of World War II, an allied strike team goes behind enemy lines to destroy the Nazis' secret weapon. But they soon learn the Nazis haven't invented the Bomb — they've created a monster.

For Christ sakes, they could have at least worded it a little more different than my site has had for nearly 3 years. It's too close for comfort.

If you pitched this to them, or sent them a copy (I think you may have), you should sue them for making a TV series based on your movie w/o purchasing the rights.

Of course, but PROVING that they watched & intentionally stole my idea is hard to do. Especially when they have NBC-UNIVERSAL backing them and I have.... no one, and even less money.

It's disheartening, that's all.

Even more ironic - up until last WEDNESDAY, the original title was "CREATURE OF WAR" before they changed it to "SS DOOMTROOPER".

More than likely, the acting in it will be the scifi channel's standard lack luster performances, you should RIFLE right past them ;)

knightly said:
More than likely, the acting in it will be the scifi channel's standard lack luster performances, you should RIFLE right past them ;)

Yeah, isn't that the guy from "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" ? I'll side with Knightly on this one...

Yeah, I'm not too worried about "Corky" and his acting. It's the sale to the SCI FI CHANNEL that's less likely to happen.

Yes, but now they can tout your movie as "You've seen our 23 rehashings of the nazi zombie thing, now see the movie that started it all"! I think they're just trying to position your movie better, you can ask them for higher $ now!

<edit>I'm PMing you SB with the original content of this edit.</edit>

Last edited:
I'l reserve my judgements till after I see the film on SCI FI. I need to know eactly how similar it is, and who was involved in making it. There might be either nothing to fear or a lot of explaining.

We'll see, but the "Creature of War" name change is very very fishy. I've been marketing agressively for two years, so the likelihood they knew about "Horrors of War" is very high.

I thought it was a series, now I see it's a movie, that's even worse.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7110

S.S. DOOMTROOPER (Sci Fi) - The cable channel has confirmed its two Saturday originals for the month of April. First up on Saturday, April 1 at 9:00/8:00c is "S.S. Doomtrooper," which the network details as: "During the last days of World War II, a team of Allied soldiers is sent behind enemy lines to destroy a secret Nazi atomic-weapons program. But they soon find that the Nazis aren't making an A-bomb — they're making an army of monster super-soldiers! With time running out, the Allied troops must marshall their eclectic skills to prevent the Nazis from unleashing a horror that will change the outcome of the war. Corin Nemic (Stargate SG-1, Parker Lewis Can't Lose) and Ben Cross (Chariots of Fire, Exorcist: The Beginning) star."

- they even say "SUPER SOLIDERS" in their description.

Dude That may require some legal action... Research is of great importance here... Like when did they start thier project, and when did you register your script with WG.

You could find a lawyer, if needed, to work on a % of the restitution.

Proving in a court of law that they did steal the idea, if in fact they did, would be very dificult.

Last edited:
...I feel so bad for you, Sonnyboo...that totally sucks. The thing about this though, is that sometimes there are more than one version of an idea out at the same time. What has to happen is people have to see yours and decide that the Sci Fi version isn't as good. Maybe it won't be, hope springs eternal...we're all pulling for you...:)

--spinner :cool:

I saw S.S. DOOMTROOPER last night....it was that good. If that movie can get on the Sci-Fi channel I've got a few student films I'd like to sell them and a bag of peanuts.

Sonnyboo: I'll have to see if I can find something cheaper, but I know you can get this place for about $500 (and we can create enough buzz here to get you all of it and more back)

Riverview Theater
3800 42nd Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55406
(612) 729-7369

The ads for S.S.Doomtrooper actually make it look as if it is a beat for beat rehash of the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I suddenly am not worried about the value of your movie being diluted...It's just standard Sci-Fi tripe.

Back