"Dawn" has been adopted by Tempe!

After two years of looking for a home, it looks like my little vampire film "Dawn" has found one at Tempe Entertainment. The great and mighty J.R. Bookwalter gave us the thumbs-up for a 5 year exclusive contract for U.S and International DVD distribution.

Right now I'm working with cast member Ray Boucher on a featurette for the dvd, and the plan is to recored a commentary this weekend with Ray, Kacie Young (Dawn), Mark Sawyer (D.P.), and myself. There will probably be a photo gallery as well.

This will likely be a mid-2006 release. Hopefully there will be an official street date, once I get the film and extras to Mr. Bookwalter.

I'm a happy guy :)

Highway Of Death is moving, creeping rather, along. We're shooting a scene hopefully this weekend in fact.

As for a Dawn trailer, I have one, but my one feeble effort to export it into a Quicktime file failed miserably. If anyone knows the process of exporting Premiere project file to Qucktime, and posting it on the web, please let me know.

Dread Central did a nice write-up about the Tempe deal, if anyone feels like clicking:

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2534

use these settings

320x240 if 4x3 and if 16x9 use 320x180

Under compression use Sorenson 3
Limit data rate- to 450
keyframe- every 75 frames
spacial quality - 85-95

audio
use MP3
use the bit rate of 256-320 44k mono
make sure its not on dual channel

make sure to brighten it up a little bit. When you compress video it gets darker.

Back