The Thread of Shame

Game of Death.

To get around Bruce Lee's death the people behind this concocted a story where the main character's face is changed and footage that wasn't shot with Bruce Lee has a couple of others playing him for these scenes but with an obscured face or disguise. To add insult to injury very short close up clips from Bruce's other movies were spliced into the action that was filmed after his death.

The one shining light in this movie though is the scene that Bruce Lee did appear in fully where his character progressively fights tougher opponents, using different styles of fighting, and going up floors in a pogoda. This scene was intended for the original version.

Another thing I don't like is that they actually show a clip from Bruce Lee's open casket at his funeral in a scene where his character fakes his death. Highly disrespectful to put that into a fictional film and in this context. I could understand for a documentary but not this.

I add this movie, bar the original Pagoda sequence, to the Thread of Shame.

@sfoster:

I own the movie but I think the last time I tried to watch it I didn't watch much of it. I actually remember getting the DVD more for the special features because it had the un-edited pagoda fight. I will have to watch that portion again.

It's a tiny mistake the film would have been better off not having.. What was the point of the order, it was basically saying just go smash stuff. they should have had the hulk go and do it on his own, minor quibble

It was just a joke. It wasn't a specific order. "Hulk...Smash." He was gonna do it anyway, and they didn't tell him where and what to smash, they just knew he'd find some alien victims all on his own

New addition to the thread of shame.. "We're the millers"

Jennifer Aniston, voted as one of the sexiest women of all-time, works as a stripper that earns so little she is getting evicted from her apartment :bang:

Have any of the idiots that worked on this movie actually stepped foot in a strip club? She would be able to pay her whole months rent in one weekend

Last edited:
New addition to the thread of shame.. "We're the millers"

Jennifer Aniston, voted as one of the sexiest women of all-time, works as a stripper that earns so little she is getting evicted from her apartment :bang:

Have any of the idiots that worked on this movie actually stepped foot in a strip club? She would be able to pay her whole months rent in one weekend

I don't know if I agree with this one, I actually thought it was a pretty good movie

I don't know if I agree with this one, I actually thought it was a pretty good movie

The notion that one of the sexiest women alive would do so poorly as a stripper, to end up homeless, is so confoundingly stupid that it is offensive and shameful. Hence it belongs here, even if there was some hilarious scene later on it doesn't change that fact.

I'm not arguing anything about the rest of the movie, because I turned it off and have better things to do with my time than watch garbage that makes me want to pull my hair out.

Aniston was the only good part. The rest of the cast was the main problem.

I wont even comment on the blasphemy above of the cult classic red dawn

Storage 24 Welcome to the thread of shame

According to this movie you can take these bottle rockets

bottle-rockets.png

Strap 10 of them together and it will produce a huge fireball that travels down the entire length of a hallway.

rocket-explosion.png

:rolleyes:

You young'ens have no idea how much Red Dawn captured the spirit of our nation. Like Rocky IV, it is the ultimate Cold War movie. In the early 80's, we were legitimately scared of war with Russia, and this fear permeated our popular culture. It seems antiquated and silly now, but at the time, we were all pretty gung-ho about it.

I have to agree. I was probably in 6th grade when I first saw it, and remember having serious discussions with my friends about what our plans for the resistance would be when the russians invaded. I was to be the sniper in the group, because I had a .22 rifle, so my job would be to take out the helicopters by shooting the pilots.

Ridiculous? Absolutely, just like most of the film. Because the reality was if a war did break out, there wouldn't be any invasion - just mutually assured destruction from above. The average person would have no role, no power over it, no control, no opportunity to fight back. It would be, essentially, hopeless.

By reducing the threat to something manageable - by teenagers, no less - it gave people a glimpse of hope to grab on to that maybe they would be able to do something. Did they have to stretch credulity to create that possibility? Absolutely. But when the alternative to suspension of disbelief is to simply accept that you're completely helpless, well, people will overlook a lot - i.e. religion.

It's certainly not a movie for the ages, but it's absolutely a movie of it's time.

Why isn't Empire Strikes Back on here? :cool:

Prelude to a Kiss is a decent film.

What Steve, Cracker and IDOM said about the original Red Dawn. :yes:

I'm having a hard time thinking of any movie I feel strongly enough about to want to call it out on The Thread of Shame. I mean, even with films we dislike, somebody probably put (a lot of) hard work, time, and money into.

Wow it's been three years since I've seen something bad enough to bump this thread.
Congratulations NETFLIX!! You did it with your "What happened to monday" film

What%20Happened%20to%20Monday%20Screengrab%20Square.jpg

This woman throws a handful of pressurized canisters into a microwave for 60 seconds.
She rips the gas line open from the oven.

Now keep in mind this is not a comedy, this is a serious film.
The microwave counts down like a bomb and then when it reaches 0 it explodes.

:lol:

"Highlander" (1986).

I remember watching the TV series in the 90s and it wasn't bad. I guess my brain translated that to loving the movie in the 80s. My wife and I were sitting around on a recent Saturday and I started channel surfing only to come across the movie as it was starting. It had been a while.

We made it about 5 minutes in before we just couldn't take it anymore. The writing, the sound design, the acting, the special effects... what the hell was Sean Connery thinking when he signed onto that piece of tripe?!

Sean Connery never had a good agent or manager.
He turned down the role of Morpheus because he didn't understand the matrix script.

And then he regretted it and accepted the role in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen because he didn't want to repeat his mistake from the matrix. Then that movie was so bad he retired from acting entirely.

It's funny how movies don't age well. I actually don't think Pulp Fiction ages that well, for me, it plays as an "MTV-era" flick... (however NOT a part of this list)

Some are timeless but you really need that time to determine.

3:10 to Yuma

gonna put this one in spoilers

The movie is about transporting Russell Crowe ( a prisoner in handcuffs) to a train

Russell Crowe Keeps killing these people one after another all movie.
Time and time and time again constantly getting the drop on them all movie... yet he is in handcuffs the entire time.

He is known to be exceptionally dangerous and cunning and yet....

HIS HANDS ARE ALWAYS CUFFED IN FRONT OF HIM.
JESUS CHRIST HANDCUFF THE DUDE BEHIND HIS BACK

How you gonna sleep next to a mass murderer when he is just laying next to you with his hands in front of him.
Like he could pick up a rock and smash any of their heads. What the hell is this movie even doing???

All of the characters are so god damn stupid its unbeliveable. They are a joke. This movie is a joke.
What a shame.

It's actually very well made excep for this unforgivable and ridiculous thing - a thing that keeps happening ALL MOVIE from beginning to end.

Last edited:
Back