Home Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Industry Jobs and Services > Global Ad

Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
johnny111
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvsFX08 View Post
Is it too ridiculous of a suggestion to pitch this idea to something like the Discovery Channel? I mean have you seen some of the trivial (but good) shows they document? They'd pay for everything and it would be filmed in HD. I would think the pitch would have to be something like Taxi Ride from Hell, The Longest Taxi Fare, or even Breaking World Records, or something else like that. Maybe do the whole trip in a taxi, you know something out of the ordinary. Discovery does a lot of shows on events and circumstances affecting the human body, have you seen Fight Science or Secret Warriors? So, like directorik wrote I would imagine you would have to find a market or a "hook" to get someone interested in even watching your trip.

not a bad idea i just dont know if a tv channel like Discovery would be willing to promote and make money off something that can be considered "dangerous to the public's safety". Maybe if rik films this and we have something to show them they might be interested but if i just try contacting them now with no proof theyll think im just another lunatic. I also dont know how i would go about contacting them, i dont have an agent or anything, im just a cab driver. A few years ago i was working 1 day driving the cab and some woman from the Discovery channel was at the bus terminal looking to interview cab drivers for the job of Cash Cab host. She gave me a card and i went in for the interview but didnt get it. They went with that guy who is actually a comedian, not a real cabby. Aside from that ive had 3other experiences where i picked up at random off the street in Manhattan entire camera crews filming something. Once some british crew asks if im ok being filmed and they hop in. They were doing a documentary called Incredible Journeys for BBC where they were tracking the migration of a bird called Osprey. So i take them to Jersey and they included footage of me driving them in the show. The cops actually pulled us over and surrounded us with 3 cop cars in downtown Jersey City because they didnt want us filming at the base of the city's tallest building, terrorism concerns. It aired here on Animal Planet and they mailed me a copy of the dvd from England, nice people. Another time i picked up some crew from Holland who was doing some weird show where they go to cities around the world and reenact scenes from movies at the spot where they were filmed, then callers call in to guess what it is. I take them up to Harlem and one of them strips down to his underware in the back seat, jumps out and they start filming. They were reenacting the scene from Die Hard with a Vengeance where Bruce Willis gets dumped in Harlem with that racist sign on him. Well as they were filming i was running the meter and smoking a cig and the people in Harlem, especially one old man and a mother and her kids didnt take too kindly to this weird euro dude running around in the street in what were basically man panties. I calmed them down and i finally explained to the crew that we needed to get the hell out of there before someone really gets angry.
johnny111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #17
EvsFX08
Basic - Premiere Expired

LOL! That's some awesome experiences, only in NY!
EvsFX08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #18
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru

Iím not really worried about getting alog or not. I would document
what happens - not be part of it. We wonít get along or we will
get along. Thatís not an issue with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111 View Post
Regarding the length of the docu, i guess well figure it out after were done with it and we see how much footage would be necessary to tell the story.
This doesnít work for me. I need to know before I shoot how much
footage I need. If you would like a 90 minute doc Iíll need to
shoot 20 to 30 hours of footage. If youíre thinking a short is
more likely I can shoot less.

You and I are coming at this from different perspectives. YOU want
someone to document your solo nonstop drive. Iím willing to
document it. But Iím not doing this for fun or out of passion. I
see it only as an interesting challenge. I know itís not a job
because you arenít paying me.

Which leads me to the splitting costs option. I canít see spending
my own money to make this document of your drive. It doesnít seem
realistic for me. I can see doing it for free; just not paying to
do it.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #19
johnny111
Basic Member

im sure well get along just fine, im just saying if im in LA we could meet and talk about it some more if you want. Probably gonna only be there mon and tues before we start driving back slowly with stops along the way using another route. I understand that youre not willing to spend your own money to make it if you dont think any money can be made off it. I absolutely would be willing to pay for all the costs if Guinness gets back to me and they approve the attempt. Again, even if they say no i probably will still be willing to take on all the costs and do it anyway. Best thing to do right now is wait for their decision so i at least know what their guidelines are and what exactly they would need as proof. I dont want to do it before then and we end up not getting exactly what they need as proof of the record. Then id also know what the length of footage needs to be to at least satisfy them.
johnny111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru

Keep me informed. If Guinness gets back to you and you want to
do this, I can find a clearing in my schedule. I could be fun.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote