YouTube Zombie Series Seeks Team

When are you shooting?

I'm still at Uni for another couple of weeks but if you're shooting in London after that then I'd be happy to help out (as best I can).

Still looking to secure a gaffer for our shoot on the 30th of September. We have a full crew now minus this position.

Script Writer Wanted

Thankfully we've now got lighting covered (however we would like to get a professional gaffer if possible for both the pilot and series proper).

Meanwhile, as we finish up pre-production of the pilot, I've begun to write up the series and script episode 1. My strengths (I believe) lie in storytelling, pace and cinematic effect but I feel that one of my great weaknesses is dialogue.

This show explores both morality and faith and if that interests you and you're a script writer who feels one of their strongest areas of scripting is dialogue, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Wolf

Auditions Complete, More Crew Required

552697_255087437941748_1468797782_n.jpg

Last weekend the crew gathered in London to do the auditions, SFX preparations and rehearsals as well as to visit our set, a professional film site on 50,000 acres of land with dozens of different sets.

With our cast locked down we are sorting out our final crew preparations, now that we have a clearer picture of what we're facing.

Our pilot lasts about 5 minutes with the current storyboard and the set. We're doing principal photography over 1 day on the 30th of September (a Sunday). Transporation will be provided to and from the set. With our meeting point being High Barnet in North London.

This is a great opportunity to gain a gorgeous showreel item, with some great emotional acting, fast paced action and amazing special effects.

If you are interested in applying for 1 of these positions and you have a car and can transport a minimum of 3 people from the cast or crew, this is an added bonus in your favour (all petrol costs to and from the shoot are reimbursed).

Gaffer
The pilot is set in an outdoor location during the day. If you have the equipment and experience to work in such an environment, we'd love to hear from you, not only for working with us on the pilot, but beyond as well.

Production Sound Mixer
You'll be handling boom-op duties on set as well as working with our editor to do extensive post production sound editing to create the perfect zombie sounds. We'd love to find someone who is interested in working with us beyond the pilot as well.

1st Assistant Director
Your duties will consist of:
  • Running the Set
  • Backstage Manager
  • Managing Action Continuity

Documentary Team
Our series is planning to use Kickstarter to gain funding, part of our plan is create loads of documentary features for our subscribers, to help generate interest and funding as the series moves forward. How we approach the documentation of the pilot will be a clear indication of that commitment.

We'd like to find at least 2 people for this team if not 3.

Director & Interviewer [Boom Operator]
You will be in charge of the documentary team and will take them around the sets, interviewing cast and crew as well as getting extensively footage of both filming and prep.

Cameraman [Boom Operator]
You'll be filming hours of footage in key locations, interviews, time lapse, and production processes.

Boom Operator
You'll be recording hours of footage in key locations, interviews, and production processes.

Runners
Dependant on how many of the above positions have cars, we do require at least 3 runners on the day. All runners require a car (with room for at least 3 people) and a drivers license.

Cast and crew will need to be kept fed and hydrated.
Helping with moving and setting up equipment, as well as packing up.
Transportation.
Running errands and messages.
Fetching cast from the green room to sets.
etc.

Last edited:
We desperately require 2 runners and a boom operator for 30th september. Everything else for this production is set. Anyone interested? We will cover all the transportation to and from the shoot & food on the day. Cast and crew of 25. It's going to be an incredible showreel piece for all.

Runners must have cars to transport crew (petrol costs covered).

Hi Paul, I'm sorry, we're only able to cover transportation through petrol expenses for our drivers. We're all gathering in North London at High Barnet, to get in the cars from there, people have to make their own way to the rendevouz. If you are not in London already, we couldn't cover your travel cost.

Sorry.

Edit: Ah - Texas, sorry, I'm exhausted and not thinking straight.

Last edited:
We're approaching DEFCON 1 on Laws of Abel as we're still without a boom operator after our original crew member dropped out for personal reasons, and we're 19 days away from principal photography. We've had applications from some people but none with their own equipment, and we're an ultra low budget crew, however we're creating something of a very high standard.

If anyone out there is a boom operator and has their own equipment and lives in or around London, we desperately need you.

Okay so our sound is sorted thankfully for the pilot, we're still looking for 2 runners though with cars for 3 passengers, from the London area, we do cover petrol costs and they will get plenty of on set work experience.

URGENT!

We're looking for 1 more runner, their car needs to hold at least 2 passengers, and they'll be helping to set up filming equipment, sorting out continuity and helping serve food.

We'd also like to find someone to cook, someone with a knack for it, though we can do it if needs must. We have £60 for food and 25 mouths to feed. The cook is not required on the day, they just need to prepare the food the day before.

It's a single day of principal photography on 30th September, only 11 days to go.

Last edited:
I wanted to just say thanks to indietalk for making the short possible. We finished filming 2 years ago and we weren't able to get the editing done at that time and due to personal reasons I had to take some time away. However, I've got an amazing editor working on the footage right now and we're planning to release the short next month. Whilst Laws of Abel didn't get any further than this, it was nevertheless an incredible and educational experience. I'm really happy I got to work with such amazing people and I hope everyone will enjoy the short once released, I know it's been a long time coming, but that's what life is like sometimes.

Back