• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Smokestack - Short film for the SCI-FI London 48 Hour Film Challenge 2014

Have a look at our entry for the SciFi London 48 hour film challenge!

Completely filmed, edited, composited and scripted in only 48 hours using FCP 7, Nuke, Hiero and Baselight.
Footage by the new Blackmagic Production 4K Camera in 4K Prores 422(HQ)

https://vimeo.com/92020904

We where given a title, an action and a line of dialogue on Saturday morning around 11am and had 48 hours to finish. The film was filmed, edited, scripted and finished in 48 hours by team "The Nuklear Post" and directed by Hugo Guerra. Featuring Hainsley Lloyd Bennett, Haf Gibson, Cecillie Aclon, Raquel Claudino and Luigi Barzini.

Here are some behind the scenes photos also, so you can see the gear and rigs in action:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203487455978189&type=1&l=6641b451c2

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
I liked the cinematography. I feel like the dimness helped the video a lot.

What I didn't like, was the acting. I felt as if there should have been more fear shown when the ghost was on the camera or the black figure in the background. It just didn't seem as believable.

Loved the location, wish I had access to an abandoned warehouse like that.

Thanks for sharing all the info.

I thought it was nicely shot, the sound/dialogue volume level seemed a bit loud to me. The music was good. The music created suspense but IMHO there wasn't anything to be suspenseful about, it didn't seem to go anywhere, why would they be afraid, they are just visiting an old warehouse, there's nothing weird about that.

I did like the way that we went into his dream and you didn't even notice that until you came back out of it at the point in the conversation but I felt the way you cut out of it was a bit harsh a didn't blend well.

Again, this is just my opinion though. I would have liked a smoother transition out of the dream e.g we followed the dream until we got to that point again in the conversation.

Back