I'm Off To Film School!

Hello Everyone!

I've been part of this community for about three years now, so I've become pretty familiar with many of you, and have even had the chance to work with a couple of you on some wonderful projects. Though I've popped in and out the past three years, I've tried to maintain a decent presence within our wonderful community.

I know that many of you are down on film school, as per many of the posts I've read regarding it here on the forum, but I am pretty excited to let you all know that I have been accepted, and plan to attend, Columbia College Chicago for directing and cinematography.

I've visited the school a couple times now and the film facilities are absolutely phenomenal. I'm already in the works to spend a semester in Britain working with an England film school that ties into the BBC, and the last semester film students spend at Columbia is on a real studio lot in California. The studio lot is designed to create connections for students and students are ideally supposed to get a job during that semester and stay in California.

I also intend to study music performance and production during my time there. I just thought I'd share that with all of you; this community has fueled my love for film over the years!

Best,

Brett

Awesome man, be sure to post some of your new learning experiences here on the forum :)

Awesome man, be sure to post some of your new learning experiences here on the forum :)

Absolutely! I plan to stay an active member of this community, and I know that as my portfolio builds in the coming years, so will the questions and discussions I'll want to keep having with all of you.

I know that many of you are down on film school, as per many of the posts I've read regarding it here on the forum, but I am pretty excited to let you all know that I have been accepted, and plan to attend, Columbia College Chicago for directing and cinematography.

That's awesome. Congrats!

I don't think there's any more than a small handful of people on this forum who are actually down on film school. I've read the same film-school-vs-no-film-school debates, and it seems to me like most people here recognize that both avenues are a valid way of getting into the industry. Both have their pros and cons, but either way, the success really rests on the individual.

Good luck!

Back