Colour Correction for Trailer!

Hi guys!

I'm looking for someone to colour correct the trailer for The Flight of the Flamingo in the next few days. Is less than 2 minutes long, so it shouldn't be a huge job but I'd really appreciate an ITer getting involved.

I can't offer you any pay, but I can promise you a full credit in the feature film and the chance to get involved in the biggest IT collaborative project of recent years! How exciting is that? :weird:

Anyhow, let me know if you're interested and available!

Thanks,
Nick

Hi, I can't say I'm a professional colourist, and I can't say the way I work is professional, but if you give me some test footage and tell me the look you seek I could play around with it and you can judge for yourself.

I have a suggestion.

Many of us want to do it but many of us are not sure they can deliver what's expected. So here is my suggestion. You throw in one or two scenes and leaves us a day or two to color correct / grade and then you make your choice.

Obviously, you don't wanna get stuff out there before official release but if you choose your scenes carefully, it won't do anything. Also, it would only be visible by IT people and and even if one is not picked, it's still a valuable practice.

In any case, good look with your flick :).

I have a suggestion.

Many of us want to do it but many of us are not sure they can deliver what's expected. So here is my suggestion. You throw in one or two scenes and leaves us a day or two to color correct / grade and then you make your choice.

Exactly my point, it's best this way.

I have a suggestion.

Obviously, you don't wanna get stuff out there before official release but if you choose your scenes carefully, it won't do anything. Also, it would only be visible by IT people and and even if one is not picked, it's still a valuable practice.

In any case, good look with your flick :).

Thanks for the responses guys.

Because we're talking about grading the trailer, I'm not going to pop any scenes online before that's released! But you do raise a good point- If I uploaded a hi-res cut of the trailer and then gave anyone interested the chance to grade it and send it back, then chose the best one for the official release, would that be good? I don't want to act like a big shot and say 'grade my trailer and I shall choose the best!' but if people fancied giving it a go then that might be a fun way of doing it..?

Thanks for the feedback guys, y'all have been great ;)

The point is that I would love to try and do my best but for instance I know that this is sorta of a big production so I'm not sure if I'm able to do what you guys expect me to do .

So throw whatever footage you think fits your trailer and let us color grade it and then you can just contact the person you want to do it. :)

Haha, thanks guys! The reception has, once again, been awesome. I'm just waiting for CF to upload the final draft of the trailer and then I'll ping it out to the people who've expressed interest!

:)

Ok, so the trailer is ready for y'all to start grading (if you still fancy it). Just let me know on here if you want to have a shot and I'll PM you the top secret link!

Back