Awesome comments above! I think you all would be shocked reading the script as it is. A total twisted story not like anything from the above suggestions (I too like to play with people's heads while being TRUE to story and character arcs). Not sure I want to put entire script out there -- want to give DVD copies to all involved and get that... WTF(?) within the story, (like in my other scripts). You know that... "what happens next(?)" while watching.
I love the dryer vent tubing hooked up to a car exhaust... fantastic idea! Sick and brilliant!
And yes, picking up cast along the way is a possibility (if we can fill two cars)... there are some story complications in doing such. But as it stands right now, can't get 3 actors to go due to time of year and amount of time. Still trying to pull this off. Not giving up easily.
Changed Ricky to Ricki -- but I did like the gender bender with a y... Ricki needs to be sexy and wild, while looking feminine and vulnerable... "Don cannot pull off the sex change (DRESSED TO KILL) concept. Don is NOT that good of an actor to begin and at 6'5"-- 240 lbs... hahaha" says Don.
Keep the comments coming. Also if anyone has an interest in going to Las Vegas, (while attempting this out-of-the-box idea), let me know!
Having just visited Scoopicman and family, I can attest to their hospitality and talent. Mrs. Scoopicman is a fine actress so be sure to include her in your plans. Of course Mr. Scoopicman is a fine actor himself... Wheatgrinder
Absolutely... I have watched several of Scoopicman's movies! I expect to learn quite a bit on film-making and acting from association and networking!
Ernest cannot do the trip, he has a pre planned Florida trip that ends hours before we planned to leave. He can tell more if needed, he did mention, he is aiming at next year.
I would love to make the trip. BUT.
1) Cannot find the 'right' actors to go, most actors work and cannot take the 9 days+ off for the proposed trip.
2) I have been pulled into a major project, that actors want to start the second week of June. While I have contributed to this idea, the concept is not my own, so this project must be kept under wraps until Mid-July. If we start it as planned, I will be happy to share footage and promote concept to all on IndieTalk in Mid-July. This idea, if it works, could make money and help many in film making revenue and their film making career goals.
3) My son graduates from High School next week (he is off to OU as a Physics/Astro Physics major). We are pleased. I have a house full of family coming in and friends, they will not be leaving quickly. That is okay. I dig my family and friends.
4) Have two new, hopefully more successful, Kickstarter projects to go up in Mid-August. These are well thought out projects with much lower budgets that have a ready market. We shall see.
5) Doing a few small projects at MIDWEST HAUNTERS June 9-10. With quick turnarounds...
These are not excuses or alibis. I really want to make the trip west. BUT I do have a full plate... with plan D, E and F in the wings.
By the way, I did finish the script/outline for DEAD SUN RISING. Really think the script will work well, but I would love to shoot on a new/larger format like the Sony NEX-FS700 Super 35, (then my old Sony DVcam cameras). More of an end market for more recent tech image and audio. If you want I can send you the script on PDF to read. It's a fun read. Needs some polish (that I wanted to do on the road while driving with main actors). AND. It demands a lot of interior scenes to be shot at a later date.
I hate to say this. I do not do it very often, (except when talking about the Cleveland Browns -- I am a NFL nut case). Looking like next year. Came up with this DEAD SUN RISING idea a tad late for too many.
If you know of 3 from the Ohio area that want to make the trip and help in gas/expense... let me know, my plans can always be modified.