Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Making The Film > Filmmaking Misc.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #16
don patterson
Basic - Premiere Expired

Awesome comments above! I think you all would be shocked reading the script as it is. A total twisted story not like anything from the above suggestions (I too like to play with people's heads while being TRUE to story and character arcs). Not sure I want to put entire script out there -- want to give DVD copies to all involved and get that... WTF(?) within the story, (like in my other scripts). You know that... "what happens next(?)" while watching.

I love the dryer vent tubing hooked up to a car exhaust... fantastic idea! Sick and brilliant!

And yes, picking up cast along the way is a possibility (if we can fill two cars)... there are some story complications in doing such. But as it stands right now, can't get 3 actors to go due to time of year and amount of time. Still trying to pull this off. Not giving up easily.

Changed Ricky to Ricki -- but I did like the gender bender with a y... Ricki needs to be sexy and wild, while looking feminine and vulnerable... "Don cannot pull off the sex change (DRESSED TO KILL) concept. Don is NOT that good of an actor to begin and at 6'5"-- 240 lbs... hahaha" says Don.

Keep the comments coming. Also if anyone has an interest in going to Las Vegas, (while attempting this out-of-the-box idea), let me know!

Quote:
Having just visited Scoopicman and family, I can attest to their hospitality and talent. Mrs. Scoopicman is a fine actress so be sure to include her in your plans. Of course Mr. Scoopicman is a fine actor himself... Wheatgrinder
Absolutely... I have watched several of Scoopicman's movies! I expect to learn quite a bit on film-making and acting from association and networking!
don patterson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #17
richy
Premiere Member

[Redacted]

Can't wait to see it, Don.

Last edited by richy; 05-02-2012 at 01:46 AM.
richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
Ernest Worthing
Basic - Premiere Expired

Hey Don! Could you email me the outline? Id like to read it again.

Btw, i got busy this week but ill be popping in your dvd sunday/monday. Expect a full review next week
Ernest Worthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
t0iletphish
Basic Member

Sounds like an interesting idea.
t0iletphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 AM   #20
Scoopicman
Premiere Member

Hey Don or Ernest, are you guys still planning this? Less than a month away....
Old 05-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #21
don patterson
Basic - Premiere Expired

Scoopicman,

Ernest cannot do the trip, he has a pre planned Florida trip that ends hours before we planned to leave. He can tell more if needed, he did mention, he is aiming at next year.

I would love to make the trip. BUT.

1) Cannot find the 'right' actors to go, most actors work and cannot take the 9 days+ off for the proposed trip.
2) I have been pulled into a major project, that actors want to start the second week of June. While I have contributed to this idea, the concept is not my own, so this project must be kept under wraps until Mid-July. If we start it as planned, I will be happy to share footage and promote concept to all on IndieTalk in Mid-July. This idea, if it works, could make money and help many in film making revenue and their film making career goals.
3) My son graduates from High School next week (he is off to OU as a Physics/Astro Physics major). We are pleased. I have a house full of family coming in and friends, they will not be leaving quickly. That is okay. I dig my family and friends.
4) Have two new, hopefully more successful, Kickstarter projects to go up in Mid-August. These are well thought out projects with much lower budgets that have a ready market. We shall see.
5) Doing a few small projects at MIDWEST HAUNTERS June 9-10. With quick turnarounds...

These are not excuses or alibis. I really want to make the trip west. BUT I do have a full plate... with plan D, E and F in the wings.

By the way, I did finish the script/outline for DEAD SUN RISING. Really think the script will work well, but I would love to shoot on a new/larger format like the Sony NEX-FS700 Super 35, (then my old Sony DVcam cameras). More of an end market for more recent tech image and audio. If you want I can send you the script on PDF to read. It's a fun read. Needs some polish (that I wanted to do on the road while driving with main actors). AND. It demands a lot of interior scenes to be shot at a later date.

I hate to say this. I do not do it very often, (except when talking about the Cleveland Browns -- I am a NFL nut case). Looking like next year. Came up with this DEAD SUN RISING idea a tad late for too many.

If you know of 3 from the Ohio area that want to make the trip and help in gas/expense... let me know, my plans can always be modified.
don patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
rayw
Basic Member

D@mnation!

I was looking forward to seeing you transgendered in a wig.
Rat. Fat.

Maybe next year, then.

GL with your full plate.
rayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
Scoopicman
Premiere Member

Shucks, I knew that was going to be a difficult hat trick. Exciting idea, though! Maybe next time; just let me know if things change. Good luck with all of your projects!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #24
Ernest Worthing
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by don patterson View Post
Scoopicman,

Ernest cannot do the trip, he has a pre planned Florida trip that ends hours before we planned to leave. He can tell more if needed, he did mention, he is aiming at next year.

It's what i mentioned to Don when we met and i said i would try and figure out a way i could still do since i loved his idea but it just isnt working out with my schedule.

I would love if you guys did something this year but incase it doesnt happen, it would leave time for this to develop further and people to commit to it in advance for next year. People like me
Ernest Worthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #25
Scoopicman
Premiere Member

Next year would work, also!