Lowest budget?

Epic xD
You got any of those on the interwebs? I'm intrigued :D

ughhh.. they're those shameful movies that you make when you just learn how to push "record" on the camera.. hahaha REALLY terrible..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epP8eSj6XXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zql9XlkWryw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYXLGPS2r

yeaaa... I hide them under the carpet usually and dont promote, but since you ASKED lol

And there are much more of old crap on my channel..Experian commercial ($0) Love kills ($5 budget), zenthora ($10) and so on..

Lol. I shall have a look in the morning and take a peak.

I remember there was one video I made using myself, costing £0 due to me being bored and down at home was 'Thoughts of a suicidal' Don't worry I wasn't feeling that bad, I just tend to take a feeling and amplify it if I wanna make a video. However, this was the only idea that actually made it from a feeling like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWcFxq01idQ

I do apologize about the quality, it was on the first camcorder I ever got. The Canon MD something or other :L
The acting too is terrible, but my tutor liked it.

Most of my films in my youtube channel are done with NO-BUDGET at all ($0). That said, I won't really regard them as festival-quality because all of them, I did for fun with my friends/family. LOL.

But for the film that I'm making in the summer, I'll probably spend about 200 bucks. It's gonna be my first 'serious' short film. But the money will mostly be used for food. :)

When I started I shot on film. So even my very first movies could
not be $0. I guess those of you who say you spent nothing at all
did not even pay for a tape? Of course some of you shot on cameras
with hard drives so I understand that.

Clearly I envy you. When I was just starting I had to buy and process
film. That really held me back. $4 for three minutes of footage adjusted
for inflation means $415 per hour of footage. A DV tape is $6 these
days IF you are even using tape.

For a weekend shoot four to six of us would buy 6 super 8 cartridges.
The cheap film (generic store brand) with processing was about $4 so
that was $24 ($124) for 18 minutes of footage.

The cheap film (generic store brand) with processing was about $4

Wow, man! That must be one of the perks of living in the city. :yes: Out here in the boonies, just the 3.5 minute roll of film was $6 (Kodachrome 40 - all that was available at the one camera store in town). Processing was another $4, and turnaround took a little over a week. (This would've been in 1978 to 1985 dollars, not adjusted for inflation.)

Kids these days don't know how good they have it. :rolleyes:

Yep. Good ol' K40 (the best film stock EVER!) as $4.85 and processing
was $3.18 per cartridge. We used that when we were serious. This
was "Thrifty" brand with 24 hour processing.

I'm from Santa Barbara which was relatively small in the '70's - about
60,000 people. Is that much bigger than where you were?

My only real short had a $0 budget. I used things I already had. If you take into account all of the equipment I used (not including my computer), I'm still looking at a budget of less than $600 (hacked GH1, vintage Helios 44-2 lens, Blue Snowball mic, Pearstone tri-pod). I used entirely natural lighting (had to wait for a nice overcast day and then used window shades to control the light) and all the props were things I had lying around the house. Oh, and I had no cast or crew (just myself). I can PM a link to view it to anyone who's interested.

I'm from Santa Barbara which was relatively small in the '70's - about
60,000 people. Is that much bigger than where you were?

Astoria's population - then and now - is around 10,000. The closest city with a population greater than that is 50 miles away (Longview, WA).

Of course, if wheatgrinder reads this he'll laugh. Astoria is downright urban compared to where he lives. :lol:

When I was a student I made a lot of stuff without spending a cent.
Oh wait, that's not true: I shot on tape, so I had to spend money on tapes.
But most of the best things needed more budget varying from €1,- to €30,-. Those were simpler times ;)

$0-$50 for everything I've made so far.

My next short film is on the experimental end and will be close to $100 out of pocket with everything included.

My first feature is looking like it's going to cost a little under $7,000

Back