Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Making The Film > Directing > Acting

Old 04-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
harmonica44
Basic Member

Would my performance be affected by this?

I acted in a couple of scenes for a short film, but we couldn't get a sound guy for those shoots. The thing is I think I gave a good video performance, but my voice doesn't sound as convincing. It was because since there was no mic in the room, it was hard to give a good audio performance, knowing it would not be used. The other scene I was just required to run and scream, so I did silent screams, but I was wondering if that would affect my video performance too. When I do the ADR after the locked edit, I will of course give a much better audio performance, but do you think that not speaking as loudly, and not screaming near as loud will affect the video performance too?
harmonica44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
DeJager
Basic - Premiere Expired

I think it's pretty common for ADR performances to lack the intensity and emotion that the actual take had. Regardless of the sound being recorded you should always do the take with full intensity. It shows.
DeJager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
harmonica44
Basic Member

For sure. I tried to give the best video performance but my voice just kept sagging, cause there was no mic in the room I guess.
harmonica44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 AM   #4
Coldhitz
Basic Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonica44 View Post
For sure. I tried to give the best video performance but my voice just kept sagging, cause there was no mic in the room I guess.
Did you do vocal warm-ups beforehand ? A drop in physical energy or vocal energy will affect your performance . The two go hand in hand .

Last edited by Coldhitz; 07-22-2012 at 03:53 AM. Reason: I had something else to add :)
Coldhitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #5
Shanked
Basic Member

Yes, if you do a silent scream, it will look fake.

(There are really great actors who CAN do a good silent scream, but I'm gonna be practical and say that you're probably not skilled like them.)

Do you have issues with filming in your neighborhood? Is it bad if you scream? If so, then you will have to be creative with how you do your filming and how you do your ADR.

But, if not, you should scream. For real. And get it in live production.
Shanked is offline   Reply With Quote