Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Making The Film > Pre-Production

Old 04-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
-JK-
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Entertainment View Post
I posted a very minimalist one last Friday (on Craigslist), basically stating it was a TV/Web Series pilot, that I needed extras that were unpaid and a few speaking roles at $100/Day. I pulled the ad last night after getting 107 resumes and headshots.
Wow, I'd love a response like that; wish we had something even close to Craiglist in the UK!

I'd have to agree that you should lock down your dates first, preparation and organisation are everything. You need to be in control because once one little thing goes wrong everything can spiral.
-JK- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
Banned: ussinners
Banned

Also, if there's any nudity, definitely mention that. "Nudity Required". Don't ever drop that on someone the day of, or during call backs. "Oh BTW, you're okay appearing topless right?"
ussinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
Gonzo_Entertainment
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussinners View Post
Also, if there's any nudity, definitely mention that. "Nudity Required". Don't ever drop that on someone the day of, or during call backs. "Oh BTW, you're okay appearing topless right?"
I put the question on the audition form usually unless that's the only role I'm looking for..
Gonzo_Entertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
Banned: ussinners
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Entertainment View Post
I put the question on the audition form usually unless that's the only role I'm looking for..
What's an audition form?

nycastings and backstage actually ask with each character breakdown if nudity is required. With Mandy (I'm pretty sure) you manually give breakdowns. Since I know many actresses won't appear topless I make sure it's there. It's useless to audition someone that wouldn't be able to do the role for that reason.
ussinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #20
Gonzo_Entertainment
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussinners View Post
What's an audition form?

nycastings and backstage actually ask with each character breakdown if nudity is required. With Mandy (I'm pretty sure) you manually give breakdowns. Since I know many actresses won't appear topless I make sure it's there. It's useless to audition someone that wouldn't be able to do the role for that reason.
It's the form they fill out at my audition where they give all their contact info, confirm their availability on the shooting dates, sign a release for the footage I shoot of their audition, etc...

Like I said, if the only role I was considering them for require nudity then yeah I'd ask that question before I brought them in, but if they were a potential candidate for multiple roles they can check the box on the form.
Gonzo_Entertainment is offline   Reply With Quote