• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hacked GH1 Test Footage - Fireworks

Here's some footage of a fireworks show I took this weekend on my hacked GH1. I'm running the 100Mbps Max Latitude patch, though this was shot in AVCHD not MJPEG. Not sure what my bit rates on the original footage are, but they're pretty low since so much of the screen is black.

This was also the first test of one of my new vintage lenses. I'm really impressed with the way this lens handled the light here (on the really bright bits it has a nice, sharp star-shaped pattern), and I think it's definitely going to be one of my favorite lenses. It's a f2.8/28mm JCPenney lens, I'm guessing from the late 70s or maybe early 80s. I picked it up with two other Sears lenses (a 135mm and a 55mm) and a Sears SLR camera on Etsy for $86 with shipping. I think this lens alone was worth what I spent.

It's been so hot out that I haven't done much in the way of test footage yet, but hopefully I'll be able to get more this week.

Anyway, here's the video (with William Tell Overture, because what else would you put with fireworks? :yes: ): http://vimeo.com/26299992

Verry nice! I am hopefully getting my gh1 within a week. I have stuff im selling on ebay to get it that ends tomarrow. Is this one a gh1 with a new s/n or one of the original? I hear both can be hacked but ive never talked to some one with the new one? Im just curious before i buy.

Verry nice! I am hopefully getting my gh1 within a week. I have stuff im selling on ebay to get it that ends tomarrow. Is this one a gh1 with a new s/n or one of the original? I hear both can be hacked but ive never talked to some one with the new one? Im just curious before i buy.

It's a new one (January of this year). I got it from B&H right before they went out of stock.

I tried it out with grass, locked down on a tripod this weekend, and it will capture 7 seconds of footage before completely freezing on MJPEG mode (requiring the battery to be pulled), and about 30 seconds on AVCHD before I get a card write error (which just requires turning it off and back on). Other than that, I have yet to have a problem with instability with the hack.

Back