• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NOBLE - Short Film

Hey ladies and gents, here's our latest project, "Noble". It was a fun one, very educational, and our first one collaboratively that involved extensive preproduction and a multiple location shoot over a few days. About 43 hours of production crammed into two and a half days, and then lots of time in post "finessing". We're about to enter it into a few festivals and see how that goes.

As always, critique is welcome, let me know what you guys think!

It's in 1080p on YouTube, worth the click through to watch it in High-Res. A Higher quality vimeo version is also available.

Noble - www.noblemovie.com

Click here to watch on Vimeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnljEiCg64w

Jeremiah, a young man raised in a long lineage of assassins is the perfect killer. He is convinced he's right in what he does until a new target, a young woman, forces him to question right and wrong. In his search he encounters a part of his past, forcing him to rethink his future.

Shot With Canon EOS 7Ds
Using the Following Lenses:
Canon 24mm f/1.4L
Canon 50mm f/1.4
Canon 85mm f/1.2L
Canon 400mm f/2.8L
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L

Edited on Adobe Creative Suite 5

Final Audio Mix in Logic 8

Noble-Poster-Online.jpg

Last edited:
This is so awesome... super inspiring to somebody like myself with a T2i and some big dreams ha. How did you color grade? Looks absolutely fantastic. What music was used for the atmospheric base lines that picked up when the action started, fit in perfectly!

Thanks guys! May or may not be more. We have a few other short projects on hand right now, but if the response is good enough we've talked about making more, though a tad shorter and more web-seriesesque. Matt did most of the color grading in After Effects. The music is original, scored by a friend of ours.

The dialogu does dip down there in the middle, not sure how that happened. We are sticking it on Vimeo as soon as we get thecompression right, and we’ll fix it here for sure.

Thanks again guys! Better critiques than I was expecting haha.

It is a GORGEOUS film! Sounds great! Looks great! My problem is with the plot... Why did you guys choose to do something so cliche and overdone, though? The whole "assassin rethinks his line of work after most recent target" is a little boring. I might be the only one that thinks so, though.

Great stuff, Paul. I especially like the sequence ending with "We have a problem." I don't think the dialogue was low as much as the pad was high, but that is just a guess from way over here.

Thanks guys! It really means a lot to all of us to get such good feedback.

@Vlad - Yes, admittedly not the most original storyline. It birthed out of having a lot of young actors at our disposal and wanting to do an action story, then figuring out a way it would make sense for people that age to be in a situation like that. We had fun with it overall, as long as your telling the story in a different way it can still be entertaining, eh?

Again, thanks guys! We fixed the mix levels and are posting on Vimeo in the next day or two, so I'll update the original post with it once it's done.

@PHIL- We had 3 7Ds on set. I own one, our friends at Thousand Hills Pictures have one and then my prod co partner/DP borrowed one from work. We used two cameras rolling at once about 60% of the time, just 1 camera about 38% and there were a couple of shots that had all 3 going. Whatever the scene needed. It was also nice having backups on set, we take care of our gear but stuff still happens from time to time. We also had a younger guy using a JVC-HM100 for some behind the scenes stuff that we'll hopefully be able to work on soon.

Looks great Paul. The cinematography was great. I liked the credits those looked real professional. The whole thing was well done. It reminded me of an intro to a series for TV. The story started now where does it go is my question. Hopefully you can follow it up with part II or make a longer version down the road. Great begining for a story.

Cool! Excellent cinematography!

A couple people have mentioned the plot -- it's too expository, in my opinion. But that's the only big constructive critique I feel is worth mentioning. This is shot really well.

Excellent production, Paul. Hats off to some slick visuals. What pulled me out of it was the age bracket of the cast. Wished they had all been 10 years older and grittier. The lead(s) just looked too soft, well groomed, and tidy for me. Just my take on it. Hope it turns some heads for you!

Back