New movie on the make,Advice required.
Hey Guys ,
I'm starting a new thread basically because next weekend I'll be shooting a new short action movie, Giving me an extra week to get all the preparation down. ( We were due to film saturday, but for various reasons that's not gonna happen).
So anyways I'm looking for pointers on what I might be missing out, or any advice which will save me a lot of trouble, so here goes what I've done so far
- First I had an Idea, with an actual story, not much more elaborate than my two initial movies, but better idea still IMO.
- Next I made a list of all the stuff I had access to.
*My House for Location
* 5 gun props: a Steyr, an M15, An AK47, A pistole, and two M4a1's (one of them is broken and can be used more savagely)
*A load of old Debris: Wall paper, newspaper, sawdust etc
*3 "actors" plus me. Basically my two bros a mate of mine, and Me ( although I'm trying to limit the time I spend on camera so I can focus on being behind it, I only have to do the "stunt" parts, because I'll volunteer to do them, my brothers won't.
- I then thought it'd be cool, to have a few stacks of money, so I printed out a few of 500euro note pictures I found on google, cut out a shitload of newspapers to the size of the money and I then strapped an elastic band around em, and tadaaa. ( This was actually just trickin myself into thinking I was improving on getting on with preproduction.
- I then wrote down the main idea of the film on paper. One line per action. Showed it to my bros, they gave in a few Ideas, so I changed that. ( I'll call this piece of paper my first step towards a script)
- I then went through the scene myself in real life seeing how it all worked out, removing or changing bits which would hurt the pace of the movie.
- I grabbed my little bro, and started filming how the film would go, to try out the camera angles I had in mind.
- Put the sequence together on my computer
- Analysed it to see what was wrong with it, what shots looked wrong.
-Wrote down on a sheet of paper what should be changed, inspired by movies with similar scenes on which I analysed how they shot the scenes.
- Came to indietalk to ask you guys what to do next? Haha
Thanks in advance.