View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #118
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscando View Post
This Weinstein guy sounds like a real jerk!
Some are calling on people to boycott Tarantino's Charles Manson film cuz of QT’s remarks in 2003 on a Howard Stern radio show that Polanski’s rape of a 13 yr. old girl was consensual, they were dating, & she was into it.
I don't know the whole Polanski story but yeah it definitely seems best to just not even comment on this stuff.
AND YET here I go and i'm going to make a comment

Here are a couple girls being tried as adults for something they did at the age of 12. Pretty weird double standard isn't it, are they adults or not ?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-appeals-court

The then-13 year old in question, Samantha says

Quote:
"I'm not upset, but I would probably feel better if he realizes now that he was wrong, after 15 years, after hearing the facts. Nobody has to be pissed off on my behalf. I'm okay... It's not a big deal to me what people think. It doesn't make a difference in my life. I know what happened. I do not need other people weighing in on what it's like getting raped at 13."
tarantino now says

Quote:
"I want to publicly apologize to Samantha Geimer for my cavalier remarks on The Howard Stern Show speculating about her and the crime that was committed against her. Fifteen years later, I realize how wrong I was. Ms. Geimer WAS raped by Roman Polanski. When Howard brought up Polanski, I incorrectly played devil's advocate in the debate for the sake of being provocative. I didn't take Ms. Geimer's feelings into consideration and for that I am truly sorry. So, Ms. Geimer, I was ignorant, and insensitive, and above all, incorrect. I am sorry Samantha."

Last edited by sfoster; 02-10-2018 at 05:13 AM.
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote