www.indieclub.com

Not to take away from Indietalk.com, but there is a site called www.indieclub.com that tries to get people together and network within cities, so they can collaborate and share film experiences and events. It's broken up into cities and if your city isn't listed, then you can ask to create a city. Again, I don't mean to draw people away from Indietalk.com, but I thought the link would be helpful, plus I think Indieclub.com is the one that linked me to here. Thanks.

Josh of aplusj

been there, done that, this is better

Been there, done that, someone tried to organize a meeting in Raleigh, but it fizzled out after one meeting. They need more self motivated leaders to organize local meeting, but they have a good database of people and it’s not a bad place to visit.

I have been a member since they first posted on the net and I agree a
very good forum for info and networking.
I also experienced the same run in with being in a so called local group where we first met and things were suppose to get going on having meetings and setting things up.
I went to the first meeting that was scheduled and showed my interest in being a part of a group and didn't even get a responds so I've started my own group with serious people who want to make movies.
But other than that they're a great forum and I think that this forum is just as good if not better because we can communicate with one another.
So if anyone in the Phila area or New Jersey are serious about makig movies contact me and get in on our first Indie shorts Festival coming mid August in Hatboro Pa.
We are only taking shorts under 20 minutes right now until we get things
to where we can show local works of Indie movie makers at a set location.
But if you would like to be a part contact me and I'll give you all the info
and where and when.
Again this is one hell of a forum people.

Hard to Use

I found the Indie Club setup to be difficult to navigate. I just may not have enough practice at it yet. I did sign up for my local group, though. Hopefully something comes of that.

Poke

Back