Idea i have, how many are interested

Could you, and WOULD you Participate in this?

• Total voters
According to the thread's "poll" numbers, it's still a small crowd... normally not a good sign.

However, we have a tentative green light. Remember... this is a small competition, not a Festival.

For simplicity, some basic rules...

1) There are no entry fees.
2) "Prize(s)" are volunteer-created images.
3) "Prize(s)" have no inherint dollar value.
4) IP-address checks will be made to minimise possible abuse of voting.
5) Do NOT submit your only existing tape/file of your entry.
6) A "prop-check" in the final cut will be made, for whatever prop is required.

I can provide:

1) Hosting for competing films online.
2) NTSC VHS, DVD & Mini-DV tape transfer to appropriate online format.
3) PAL/SECAM VHS transfer to appropriate online format.
4) Receiving an appropriate online format, to host :)

Please PM me if you have any additional ideas, on top of the others already mentioned in this thread.

I'm in!

Dont have a camera yet, only a super 8, but it would be too expensive to do it in that. I think I can borrow a friends camcorder.

keep us updated

great idea!

We're In,
We've got about 10 G's worth of equipment that we haven't really had a chance to use to it's fullest extent. Will there be a place to critique the video’s. I would want to hear both the good and the bad on our films.

Starting this Friday: July 16
Ending Friday August 27

That's 6 weeks... more than enough time for a 5 minute maximum flick. That's good even for part-time weekend-style peeps to get something done.

Might even be enough time for Super-8 peeps to have two or three cartridges 'cined.

Animated submissions are okay too, btw.

No usage of copyrighted music! Use that royalty-free stuff, or even better... make friends with some of the composers that hang out on the boards. 8)

Competition genre (and prop) to be announced Friday 16th... along with compilated "rules" and information.

standard viewing format : anything BUT realplayer dammit!

Hmm, i suck at encoding so you guys decide. The most common in the screening room though is, wmv and QT.

Awesome, thanks for the thread :) i hope this turns out to be good.

Zensteve said:
Yes, CCLvideo, I think we'll be able to have a thread for each flick for feedback.

Each entry can be a sticky in this forum. Ratings feature will be enabled. Admin can tell if members vote more than once.

You shouldn't vote for your own film, just good sportsmanship. I dont know if theres a laid down rule or not though, Zensteve took over on this project.

oh, and TODAYS THE DAY, im excited want to get started on it right away!!!

Has the prop and the genre been determined yet. I going on Vacation next week and I’m looking forward to just sitting back and doing a little writing. I agree rizien I’m excited to it’s like our own little Sundance right here online.

Yes. Read Zen's announcement. It's been updated.

So, one week into the first competition, how's everyone coming along with their project?

I've got the script completed; need to find the right location (setting is important to the plot) and get a couple of actors who've got some spare time.

Script *mostly* done. Have musician in NY working on tunes. Have to go buy a lot of paint & similar supplies for this one :)

Also, just filled out my first ever application to get permission to use a certain something. Shhh, I don't want to ruin my shady reputation.
smiley_ninja.gif

Actors will be arriving via USPS sometime early next week.

It's a pretty broad genre, and there are a lot of styles that mysteries can be done in.

I'm sure you'll come up with an idea or two. :D

Nothin is down on paper yet, but the story line is worked out in my head. I have to say it is a broad genre, but mystery is one of the harder styles to write and not sound cheesy or fake.

Back