Idea i have, how many are interested

Could you, and WOULD you Participate in this?

• Total voters
This may have been done/has been done before, i dont know.

But what if we had a thread, or Forum where Each week we posted like..a criteria or something (Like the NYC movie making madness, i think) and then that week Everyone made a film/short about it, and we all posted em and i guess voted on em too.

It would all be just for fun and experience and whatnot.

Examples of what topics could be are...

Guy/Girl finds love in un expected place.
Guy/Girl runs out of milk.
Guy/Girl tries to escape from <blank>
etc....

(theres only ONE topic per week) Then we go film our short/clip/movie, and come back by the deadline, then we vote :)

So how many of you could and would participate in this?

I know i would.

how much time would you think is good? we can make it whatever you want :) Throw down your ideas/revisions.

Monthly is probably a more realistic interval. Not that these couldn't be produced in a week - but as Poke and CCL pointed out, it's tough to work into existing schedules.

well i say u do it,monthly n shit,but u should try to have it by like catorgory like first month documentery,second month drama,third month comedy u know,i think its a fun ass idea,there should be a prize i would be down for thowing in some money for a prize for whoever has the best film at the end of the month.send me a PM or a e-mail this sounds fun as hell man
continuepunx@aol.com

Sounds good, we can do this monthly.

As for the prizes...it'd be coming out of our own pockets. Prizes are a good idea, if anyone has some money they'd like to throw in. But unless we've got some people willing to invest in prizes, for nothing in return, we should just keep it free, between us indietalkers, and just for fun/experience :)

Its mid july, so I guess I'll(or preferably whoever would want to take this over, i dont think i should lead this...) start it off next month, unless we want to do a practice run for the rest of this month...

also, how bout gettin a separate forum dedicated to just this? Or should we/whoever runs it, just post it here?

well i just had sudden insperation(not sure on the spelling) like a whole lay out hear it is

1.films are submitted every two months(next submission september)
2.no longer then 15 min(that sound good)
3.first submissions are comedy
4.prize is still being worked out.

i still need details to work out but ,do u like this lay out thing so far Rizien?

1) 6 week intervals
2) Same basic genre for all
3) A cheap & easy prop required for verification*
4) Five minute max
5) Prize for best flick? A simple gif banner would be fancy enough.
6) Prize for hottest actress? My phone number 8)
7) The voting would be the tough bit. I'll see if it's possible to have two or three numerical drop-boxes set up for a single vote. (Break it into categories, like best edit, best story, best Steve, whatever, and add them all up for a single number)

*About the prop... To ensure that it is original material being submitted, having a simple prop in the background (or even as a plot point for the daring) is essential. Something simple like "3 bananas", etc.

All these ideas are great :) I'm down for any and all of these.

I like the Prop Idea a lot, they'll have to be really common props though, something everyone has access to.

I say we start it ASAP!

Sounds like fun. A dedicated forum would be nice, if it's at all possible... or at least a sticky topic. ;)

On another note: who gets to be in charge of everything? i.e. choosing the basic theme, adding up the points, declaring the winner... that sort of thing.

Because obviously whoever does all that can't participate! Or possibly the previous winner organizes the next round? I'd say you'd need a week for voting, and once the winner is declared another week before the next round is announced. So make six week intervals (giving four for production), or eight week intervals (giving six for production)?

Just some thoughts.

We'd need to see how many people are participating first, before requesting a whole new forum. I'll PM Indie/Shot/Poke for a sticky pronto, though.

I'm sure there'd be a volunteer to pull a topic out of a hat and post it.

As far as voting, using the boards "poll" feature at minimum is fairly automated, with no need to really count. Maybe have a mod take a quick scan through looking for weasels that use the same IP to vote multiple times.

Would also need determine appropriate formats to submit on. (and how)

Two weeks for voting, for starters. If this idea takes off, scale back to one week... once people get the knack of what is happening, and when.

I have a spare website to host submissions on, as well.

8)

Thread stuck.

I have thought of ideas similar to this in the past. Keep the ideas rolling.

I see Zen has been kind enough to possibly lend the use of his server! Thanks Zen!

:)

I was just gonna say, how are we gonna host all these? But I suppose that takes care of that (thanks Steve).

Now I need only to get a camera. And a crew. And some actors. And...

Sweet, my idea gets used :) haha.

Yea you dont need a crew, im sure the topics are gonna be general enough to where just you and a camera can meet the criteria(sp)...

Can't wait to start :)

Back