LITTLE GUY KICKS ASS plays again

Our short flick, THE LITTLE GUY KICKS ASS(as well as our experimental short, A NORMAL LIFE) will be screening at the 21st Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL this week at 10 am on July 2 and July 4.

This movie has proved that you don't need money or big actors to make people laugh or get into festivals. ALthough it has not had a screening at a "huge" festival, the film was made with a budget of just $4, shot unscripted, unrehearsed, with no storyboards, no shot lists, no stunt men and no stunt coordinators in less than 3 hours (although we do recommend planning things out).

This will be our 6th festival for the film. We encourage other filmmakers with "little movies" or whatever you wanna call them, to just really do your homework on finding the right audience and pick the right festivals for your film and you may get in, no matter how small or amatuer the film may be.

We thought people would hate this movie and never planned to enter it in anything. Then we did, and had about 100 people at our first screening, laughing their ass off at all the right places. There is always an audience for your movie.

Best,
Alter Ego Cinema
www.alteregocinema.com

Cornerstone Festival at
www.cornerstonefestival.com
www.flickerings.com

budget of just $4, shot unscripted, unrehearsed, with no storyboards, no shot lists, no stunt men and no stunt coordinators in less than 3 hours

Is that you, Mr Wood?! \:D/

It's got my curiosity picqued, alright. It has to be improv... right? But of what?

Gah! Submit it to an LA fest so I can go see it.... soooo curious! :shock:

Ed Wood?!

Ed Wood?!

Well, the guy had passion. Or maybe obsession.

I've actually been called that once, but the person was referring to never giving up and getting my movie made at any cost.

It was a karate scene, no dialogue, and we got pretty bruised up. But it looked cool and was funny. Think kung-fu theatre. People say it remeinded them of Kung-Pow or whatever that movie was called, but not that ridiculous. Next time that's probably what I'd shoot for, but I'm more into dramas.

Gotta go, in a library and people are kicking me off computer! I hope to have LA screening soon or somewhere close by.

www.alteregocinema.com

We may eventually get some of the shorter films (like "The Little Guy") on our website, but we've been too busy to get to it.

When we get a chance we'll try and put in on Triggerstreet.com or other like sites.

We are also putting together most of our short films as a feature film, 2 hours long, which should be finally completed in a couple weeks. We have a strong contact with a very established successful distributor and are hoping to release it on DVD through them or some others we're in contact with. Not that that matters in regards to viewing that one film, but it doesn't hurt to mention that it may be available soon at stores nationwide (hopefully!). The film is introduced by April Wade (star of the new "Day of the Dead" remake) and hosted by Victoria Secret model Vanessa Ross and Hooters model Rebecca Elizabeth Stevens. It's called BIG BOOBS, BLONDE BABES, BAD BLOOD.

alter ego cinema
www.alteregocinema.com

Back