So what did you learn or do this weekend? (06/27)

Never enough time in the week, that's for sure!

So another weekend is over; have something new, something useful, or just plain interesting to share? Doesn't have to be huge news or a cinematic breakthrough. (though those are exciting as well) 8)

For myself:

I placed an order for one of those "do it all" stabilisers, against my better judgement. If it arrives, I'll do a review of it. :)

Aside from also having a short-story script shot down in flames (note: asbestos underwear is handy) it was a pretty quiet weekend :D

Now... what did you learn or do this past weekend (or week, even)?

:shock:

Yes, please review it, i was thinking about getting one of those. I'm gonna use my graduation money to get a good tripod for my new camera...but overall i didnt learn crap... But i DID film my neighbor being really drunk...it was funny at the time, i doubt ill cut it though..

I learned how a movie can become a tinderbox for passionate feelings about politics.

After having seen Farenheit 9/11, I decided to exercise my free speech. I walked back and forth in front a local cinema carrying a sign criticizing the movie.

Okay, I realize this is a very controversial subject and I don't mean to turn IndieTalk into a political battlefield. I'd just like to point out that the film was highly effective at eliciting a strong (very strong) emotional response from the audience.

Fortunately, it turned out to be a peaceful protest. Moreover, I had some genuinely enjoyable conversations with moviegoers while protesting. Although we disagreed, we exchanged views in a rational and even friendly manner.

Although it was hardly newsworthy, I was shown on NECN - New England Cable News www.necn.com

Ferenheit 9/11 IS propaganda. There's no denying it...but it seems that all political media these days seem to be one sided. Whether it's right or left. I truly believe that unbiased and balanced media coverage is something lacking in america, and it's something that we desparately need.

Has anyone ever seen that show, Bullshit!? It's on HBO or Shotime, and it is Penn and Teller exposing some bullshit or another in our society. That show is great (to me). They present their point of view with logical and absolutely true facts. I think that more documentaries and other media should take heed of this way of presentation. Only present the facts...don't try to wash the audience with emotion only so that you can mold them to think what you want. Then again, without the emotional and non-intellectual layers...would Documentaries be any good? I think so, but others may not.

I feel like Super Size Me is another deceptive documentary...McDonald's wasn't founded to feed peoples' every meal. Besides...if what's-his-name ate some of the salads, eggs, grilled chicken, the yogurt, etc. every once and a while (instead of two Big Macs every day)...he wouldn't have been half as unhealthy.

P.S. This doesn't mean that I like McDonald's...I hate that place...but it still deserves a fair trial..both sides of every story must be presented!!!

I don't feel Super Size Me was completely deceptive, maybe just a little. If you eat Mickey Dees three times a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year, and all the years of your life you will die. Also, Spurlock (aka What's-His-Name) had to eat ALL McDonald's menu items, not just the Big Mac. There were even scenes where he showed the fat content of McDonald's salads compared to the ice cream sundaes (they had similar fat content). My big thing about Super Size Me was the fact that he focused on McDonalds and barely mentioned the other fat (the "s" is left out intentionally) food restaurants like Wendy's and BK. Also, he barely mentioned good fast food experiences like Subway.

I haven't seen Farenheit 9/11 yet, but I really want to. I'm not one to bash it without seeing it, so ....

The reason I didn't see the big fat dork's movie was because I had a previous engagement with an even bigger yet skinny dork. I'm talkin' 'bout Mr. Napoleon Dynamite!!!! Why did I go see it instead of Farenheit? Because I felt like it. God! Was it good? Heck yeah! It was friggin' awesome!

I also got to spend all weekend with a Goat and it was nice. I haven't spent any extended amount of time with a Goat in about five years, so it was good to see the Goat.

Poke

PS - If Napoleon doesn't win best dance sequence at the MTV Awards next year it will be a grave injustice.

I sort of respect these people, I just think that their view of the world is really...exaggerated. It's like, if there's a problem in our society, be it serious or not, certain people have the volume turned WAY up in their heads about what the problems are...does that make sense? They blow things out of proportion and claim that everything is a conspiracy...against them.

Whatever...I just feel like people need to come to their senses and stop seeing the world with tunnelvision.

My daddy used to say: you learn something new and useless every day. (actually he never said that, but it sounds good)

I watched Farenheit 9/11 Sunday night, payed for dodgeball though, lol....(im sorry but i cant give money to this man) I had to see it so i know what the other side of the Argument is. Because everytime i get in a debate the other side says "Well you havent seen <insert a michael moore movie>" so now...i've seen Bowling For Columbine, The Big One, and F 911, and my views are still the same.

Michael Moore just spliced together ALL OF THE BAD THINGS, about bush with F911. So ofcourse it will look bad. If someone spliced together ALL of the bad things about my life...omg it would be horrible..."Pervert! and .... uh...." well mostly pervert lmao....

Back to the point, if someone spliced together all the Good things about bush, he would look great, if they did all the bad about kerry, he'd look just as bad....

So yes, all it is is propaganda. So take it for what its worth...whatever that may be to you.

Back