• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Funny Thing About Nietzsche (first short)

Recut it.

At 28 minutes, it's far too long. With very little work, it could be down to 20 minutes and still tell the same story. The opening segment (before the titles first appear) drag on a good 6 minutes by itself. 90 seconds could cover all of that.

There is a lot of funny (and angsty-teen) material going on there, but the pacing needs a good workover. :)

Meh, dodgy sound and little (if any) white-balancing as well... but I'm not going to harp on about that.

You have a great film, hidden inside the excessive fluff. :cool:

Yeah, unfortunately I am a terrible editor. Its just all a big head ache to me. I knew the opening was too long, I thought it was going to be like, 2 minutes. I just love all the little bits that he says into the mirror, they are all in the script and I wanted to see them all in the film. I wasn't sure if it was worth it to sacrifice some funny bits of dialogue for the sake of flow. I think I need to work with an editor next time.

Back