7 days before I quit my job

I'm quitting my job in a week. YEH! The reason for this drastic move is to concentrate 150% on my project which I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to start photography later this year in South Africa. My script is ready. I've my prospectos ready (if it doesn't pen out - credit cards). I've compiled several web sites to find out about locations and stuff (I even have the film commission's number on my speed dial). I haven't started the casting yet but figure I still have time to do that (5 months to go).

The reason for this post is for HELP! I procrastinate a lot. I want to make the best of my time. Any pointers on what to do as soon as I quit? I know this is kind of ambiguous but I hope someone out there can make sense.

Dang! You are braver than most! :shock:

As far as avoiding procrastination... bring someone else on board to work with, if possible. It's easy enough to goof off when by one's lonesome, but if you're working with someone you'll have that added obligation of continually having something new to show by the end of the day.

Because you don't want them to think you're a slacker, right? ;)

I quit my job back in '96 to pursue a home video/film business...I haven't looked back yet. It's the best decision I've ever made. It was tough sometimes but I've come a long way and am pretty much where I wanted to be by this time.

Congratulations:)

Congratulations - it's a big step. I agree wholeheartedly with Zen's suggestion for having someone else involved - accountability is a great motivator.

The other key item I suggest is organization. Keep task lists with quantifiable goals and deadlines - and don't forget to rank items by priority.

My Business Partner if also quitting his job. So he can put 110% of his time into projects we have goin on. He's movin in with me and my girl to save on expenses. If you find some to work with you make sure they a little different then you. You may not always get along but the differences between will not only keep you motivated and organized it will also help with a second point of view on the project.

Good Luck it's a bold move, but hey you only live once and you don't wanna be 60 sitting back and wondering of how it could have been.

Back