The Wrestler

Anyone see it? Caught a preview of it at work and thought it was excellent. Kinda like Rocky i think, which is high praise from me, anyone else think it was a great film?

Sad thing is not sure about the US but here in the UK its really not taken off, our last showing of it tonight at the cinema i work at had 1 person in it and the film was only released here Friday 16th.

Whilst it great it was recognised at the Golden Globes the film deserves to be seen by so many people, yet so many people are missing out on a fantastic film.

Amazingly (for those who know how much of a wrestling geek I am), I haven't seen this movie yet, but obviously, I really want to. Even if I wasn't a wrestling fan, I'd still be interested in it for the people involved.

And I really hope Rourke is able to use the momentum to get his career really up and moving again. It should have happened with Sin City, but I think it might happen here (rumor has it he's up for one of the bad guy roles in Iron Man 2...though I can't recall who that villain is).

I also love Springsteen's track for the movie. It'd be really cool to see him score another Oscar nomination.

This movie was... amazing, to say the least. It's almost like watching a documentary it feels so real, Rourke is perfect for the role. I don't think I've been able to feel and care for a character that strongly in over 5 years at the least.

My favorite scene is when he's playing nintendo with the kid... just brilliant. :)

One of my all time favorites. Marisa Tomei (spelling) was amazing in that role. I really cared about both Randy and Cassidy.

Finally saw it last night. Very, very, very good. It SOMEWHAT parallels the lives of Terry Funk and Jake the Snake Roberts. I saw "Beyond the Mat" a few years back and saw the elemnets of their stories in this. I would be shocked if the screenwriter had not also seen "Beyond the Mat".

Back