How to get superhero movies taken seriously & financing

Interesting.

Is it an established superhero... In other words, did you write a spec script for "Spiderman 2", or did you come up with an original superhero character, like "Sock Man"? :shock:

:lol:

Well...I'm working on a short movie based on an established superhero for this contest but me and my friend are working on another movie that is based on one of his own creations that he independent distributes in comic shops and such...

How to get superhero movies taken seriously and financing

I think the Spiderman and Daredevil movies have blazed the trail for the next superhero movies coming along this spring/summer, etc. The money people sat up and drooled when Spiderman webbed the competition. Serpico is right, and I'm right. You shouldn't have as much trouble as might've been the case five years ago.

Now is the time to strike with a screenplay and/or demo. Just doooo it...

At the indie level financing a "Super Person" film can be difficult. No one really believes in your idea or your hero and depending on the "powers" you could be up a creek.

One thing I'll suggest is "real effects" what I mean is this. Go buy After Effects and film everything multiple times, also "film" your effect.

Here's a quick run down. Say your character throws bubbles at people. Go and film the person. But don't move the camera. Grab a bubble blower and stand where the actor stood and blow bubbles. Then When you want the impact (also shown by bubble residue) place your final effect. Then blend them together using layers in AE. You can also use greenscreen with Mini-DV but you'll need a program like Video Finesse blur the Gamma. It works. I did an okay job of it in my movie. I only suggest placing your subject more than 10 feet away from the greenscreen or you will add a green halo to the actor which can not be removed easily.

Use your imagination to make it work and get ready for some post production. Try to work around effects, unless you just have to have them. And make your Hero and Villian RAW. Don't let them be corny. If your production is already low budget with cheap costumes and effects, you can't afford for the characters to be whimps.

pika

Where does SockMan wear his sock ?? Jeez-flip.

:) Would like to see SockMan get made :)

I can design the new movement for a character. Then we can try for a company to mo-capture it all.

Fun

Case

Back