What should I do?

I'm a poor college student. What camera should I get?

• The $3,300 Panasonic DVX100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A different "prosumer" camcorder under $1500

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Director_by_nature said:
Logan, My suggestion is the Canon XL1s... you can pick one up off ebay for around $1,000 now... or new for $3,000.00.... I bought mine new last summer. Although Im saving my monies up for the Panasonic SDX-900 24p camera, I think its like $40,000 with all the accessories. Hopefully this summer though.{quote="Director_by_nature"]

I'm just curious....if you are 16 where do u get that kinda money for a camera....i'm the same age so please let me in on this info...haha

Im a Computer Programer... Although thats not the way I bought that, I also work a job, like any 16 year old should. Im not in school, So thats one break I get. I Program in my spare time and Work in the rest, and what times left, I Make films.

If you mean getting a camera like the $40,000 one, I dont have it yet. I said I HOPE to get it.

I bought my XL1s for $900 off a friend of mine.

"A talented trumpeter who toots his own horn winds up playing to an empty theatre.

A talented trumpeter who lets others recognize his talent winds up a legend."

- Lisa Edmondson

I second stay away from the JVC HD camera. It's not ready for prime time yet. MPEG-2 format and minimal manual functions.

The GL-2 is a good little camera. Also looks at the Sony TRV-950. They're in the same price range.

Scott

scottspears said:
I second stay away from the JVC HD camera. It's not ready for prime time yet. MPEG-2 format and minimal manual functions.

The GL-2 is a good little camera. Also looks at the Sony TRV-950. They're in the same price range.

Scott

Don't worry! I won'y go for that camera as I said before:

LOGAN L Productions said:
I won't get that JVC. It was cool, but seemed to be more of a gimick sort of camera...like a DVD camcorder...it's cool, but probably not what a filmmaker would need/want.

Back