Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

• D

• Total voters
I don't understand how you can critique a director just by watching one film. What makes a director is his body of work, not just one movie.

His movie, Y Tu Mama Tambien was probably one of the best movies of 2001.

Peace out!

WeightOnWheels said:
His movie, Y Tu Mama Tambien was probably one of the best movies of 2001.

I'd disagree with that. To me it was like mix two parts sappy narration and three parts naked people. I like some of his other films though.

Poke

I plan to go see harry potter again today. I am doing this because, even though it is alfonso's vision (Which I dont care for), its still Harry Potter, and it deserves to be seen twice. I will rate the film more fairly this time, as the last time i seen it was on opening night, In a crowded and loud 500 seat theater (Full). With a lot of stupid people running up an grabbing at harry butt on the screen (No Lies here). And A lot of rude 8 year old boys yelling "Emma has a nice butt". It was quite and experiance, and one which I dont plan to have again. Note to self: Never go to a movie on premiere night.

I dont feel I faily rated the film in here, mainly because of the way it was seen. however, I dont plan on there being a crowd today, So the conditions or more favorable for a nice review.

Thank,
Landon Parks
Director / Producer /And MAJOR Film buff.

updated Harry Potter Review:

Ok, I would like to start off by saying that, If you love the book, Dont see it. Or at least dont get your hopes up. The film is darker, Really Darker. But not a scary dark, just a dull "Black" almost the whole way through the film. nothing like Chris's Bright and warn Hogwarts here... Almosts everyting is Green, Moss on the castle walls, the ground. also the film was filmed in ALL different locations than the 1st two. Makeing the films look Totaly Different. This is not bad in all ways, it did give me a new view on the Film. However, Thank godness that there is another Director for the 4th. I hope he can "Brighten up the film" A bit at least.

the Probrlem with this film is that its Dark in places it should not be, and dark in places it should... The whole film has a Black/greenish tent over it. Giving it a dull look. The scenses are almost ALWAYS full of grain (now I see the problem of using Arri or Panavision, Or at least Im guessing thats the problem. Either that, or they wanted a Grainy look). The Film was so dark in most places it imposbiel ton see much.

However, I must say im glade I watched this twice, I think I liked it better this time around.

the film also Jumped around so much, that it makes you wonder whats going on.

however, I do LOVE the way alfonso played the film in the end, where all they went back in time. they stayed TRUE to the book here, thank god. I really like the way alfonso played this scene. After watching this, and paying more attention to it, I find that Alfonso has a VERY high Creativity Level, and that when he wants to show it, he delivers a top notch Peice of work.. and he displayed enough in thid film for me to rate it: B

Overall Rating: B (Better than D)
Acting: A+
Directing: B
Story: B
Stays true to book: D

Suggested Minimum age: 8

Running time W.o/Creadits: 2 Hours 5 Minutes.

MPAA Rating: PG (you know, they tryed to make it darker and more adult, however, HP 2 got a PG-13... much more adult... I wonder why? I think they fell short in this atage.)

Opening Weekend Gross: A LOT (Somthing like $95 Million)

Starring: Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliff, Rupert Grint, Maggie Smith, Gary Oldman....

Directed by: Alfonso Cuaron

Produced by: David Heyman

funded and Distributed by: Warner Brothers Films

Ok Dude, I practically worship the books, especially the prisoner of azkaban.. so don't start things off with 'if you loved the book, don't see it' Of course people are still going to see it!!

Didn't you know that it was also produced by Chris Columbus?

& this is what I posted at another site:

What is it with people complaining about it? In my opinion it was the best of all 3.. better acting... better effects, better sets & locations.. BETTER!!

PoA is my fave book so I was as sensitive when I heard the changes as the rest of you.. but it was changed for the better, the things that were cut out didn't need to be there anyway.

SO, if you think it's some sort of injustice, have a cry & get over it. But if you loved it, congratulations, you know a good film when you see one.

I'll say that this film was good, I think I made that clear. I did rate this movie a B though, so that is not bad at all. I still rate 1 and 2 a B+ though.

Landon

right landon... ok... so you go from saying:

'I sure hope no major movies accept him to Direct any more films. I know we cant be perfect all the time. But this time around (Harry Potter), he really lost his touch.'

to...

I'll say that this film was good, I think I made that clear. I did rate this movie a B though, so that is not bad at all. I still rate 1 and 2 a B+ though.

right... ok... er...

Yes... the fuilm had to "Grow" on me.... As of now, I still dont like it that well. It was better than the first time a saw it. I'll grant you that.

Landon

well... there's a lesson you can learn - maybe you shouldn't judge a film so rapidly on a first view basis! ;) My famous moto is - you've never seen a film once till you've seen it twice.

I have to say a really enjoy the Harry Potter films. Since I've never read the books I can’t comment on how the movie differs from the book, But I must say there’s a noticeable difference in this movie from the last 2 films. Even though I rather liked this third Harry Potter film I must say I don’t believe the director took the movie to the level it was expected to go. Now in his defense it’s always harder to come into a franchise 2 Movies deep and make it as good or better then it’s predecessors, but I wouldn’t be hurt to see Christopher Columbus return for the 4th movie.

Has Warner Brothers secured the rights to make the 5th movie? When they bought the rights there were only the 4 books. I’ve heard that they were in negotiations but I haven’t heard anything concrete yet. There’s also a rumor that the 5th movie will be 4 hours long with an intermission.

Well, From what i have heard, They have already got the 5th movie. since they are already in production of the 4th, and have been for a few months now. I know this because they started production on the 4th before the 3rd was even out of production *( the reason Alfonso will not be Directing the 4th)* He cant be in 2 places at one time.

According to IMDB: HP 5 is slated to be in theaters 2007. the 4th is slated 2005.

All the info IMDB has on the 5th is:

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Steven Kloves screenplay (as Steve Kloves)
J.K. Rowling novel

Cast (in credits order)
Jason Isaacs .... Lucius Malfoy

and that It will be out in 2007... nothing more was given.

so, yes, they more than likly have the 5th optioned already.

I have not heard anything about length or any Intermission... I have heard the length to be 3 hours 20 minutes... Im not sure where i heard that, but in my opinion, the studio dont even know how long it will be. and usually dont until the editing process. The studio can say, we want a 2:50 film, but that dont mean the exact running will be 2:50 by the time its done.

Id say if people will sit through 4 hours of Titanic, then why not Harry potter.... If they hired me to Direct it (Yeah right), then I would make it a 6 hour film in 2 parts. This way the whole stary could be told. but I doubt I'll be famous enough by the time 5 goes into production. Although, alfonso didnt have all that nice of background, Nor did Chris.
I dont think its so much expericance that gets you in. Its the contacts... if I knew David Heyman, I would have a good chance now. Im not saying a Director dont need Experiance to direct a major film, Im just saying that knowing the Producer Is just as important. Agree with me or not, this is just my take on it.

Landon

The thing I didn't like about POA, was that the information was really rushed, and I think a lot of info was left out. I think I would have been confused if I hadn't read the book, especially with the part in the shrieking shack. I personally noticed a lot of details that strayed from the book, like the fact that the dementors fly, and I think they could have done without aunt marge, and put in something more important.

Back