I just got casted in my first Indie Film!!!!

The film is called Twizted Karma and is a production by Reiniku Films. Its an Indie film being shot in Tampa,Florida. I play the part of Justin Hilton, and I have 14 lines in the script....not bad for my first film. We start shooting in 10 days and I'm very excited. This will be the first credit in my resume under the film section!!!!

Heres a link to the film's official website:
http://reinikufilms.com/Crew.htm

-Cameron

Zensteve said:
How about a few details on how you got the part?
Uh-oh ... Zen's hinting at a commission for helping you with your website :P

Thanks for the good words everyone! I got this part by submitting my H&R via email to a casting notice email address I saw on a Florida actor website. I then gave them a link to my website and I think that helped. For helping with my website, Zensteve is going to recieve 10% commission in this deal. But, this is a non paying role. Sorry! haha

10% of zero is.... hold on, wait a second! That's not a lot at all! If you continue to get zero-paying work, I'm going to have to demand at least 20% of that to make it worth my while! #-o

Bad news.....My mom read the script.....um....not good. It talked about guys hitting on girls and touching private parts and such. It also refrences to drugs and stuff. I know this is student film and they write scripts like this but my mom is really used to the professional work the agencies give me. And she didn't even ask to speak to my mom to ask her for permission. And, they didn't give me a waiver to sign. See, my parents and I are really professional. I feel extremely unprofessional cancelling my part, ugh...what do I say. I feel like such an idiot! :(

-Cam

Hey, as long as you live under your parent's house you have to abide by their rules. I suggest next time bringing your parents in at an earlier point.

Poke

Reassure your mom that it will be okay... you'd be the perfect actor for the part, being able to draw on real-life experiences for all those scenes... right? 8)

Seriously... it can be a bit frustrating at times, but parents do try to do the best for their kids. Start sending out some more H&Rs and see what the wind will bring this week. :)

Zensteve said:
...unless that room's exit leads outdoors...

Well that just means you can go down any street you like. But really, everything happens for a reason, maybe it's for the best. Even though you can't see any good in this now, I'm sure you will learn from it some how. If this isn't a part you feel you can play, why would you want it anyway? If it's not right for you, you may not do your best work and that doesn't lead to anything good.

Back