• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Business proposition to filmmakers

Directorik...

Ma man, I'm not implying that you in particular are not really serious, I'm stating that anybody who projects an interest should accurately point their position. If somebody is doing something else in the meantime, like you are, or what I have is not what they are looking for, they should point that out, like ad2478 said, "not now, maybe later we can work together", instead of for example...
saying, "We can go far", or "What do you have?" and then not respond whether that is what they want or not. Or, "I have a great idea to write about", then I say, "lay it on me", then they don't respond....

That is what I mean. If anybody initiates an interest, conclude your case, not by wishing or hoping or implication, but by CONTENT (not idea) OF INTEREST, WHERE, WHEN, WHAT AND HOW. I pressume that is clear, with all due respect.

SKZ
p.s. Enjoy the project dawg, I'd like to see the finish product, and I intend to do colaborate with you when I have something that catches your interest, 'cause I think you really enjoy and are focused on making it big. I've already started writing a sci-fi action for the big screen.

Last edited:
well SKZ......... the thing is that the way you have posted your first post it had created some serious suspense.we wanted to see your work. and we are not denying that we would love to work with you. but the thing is that over here there are 2 groups. majority are new comers which are seeking knowledge at the momment and second group is of professionals. now young comers cannot staright away start a production. on the other hand the seniors and pros are already involved somewhere(ofcourse they are in the field so they have tight and busy schedule) so they cant start a new projects straight away. we asked for the sample of work because if anyone of us may have aplan in future he can directly contact you.

you will have to understand that the way you posted the thread everybody was interested to see your work plus asking your sample of work means that we are interested. because if we were not interested why would we have spend time on reading your script?? majority people here are from US and we all know US people are too busy with toght schedule. And if they are indie people then they are more busy then even speal berg. The reason is that speal berg has safe income resources so he doesnt have to worry about work but indie people have less and unstable income resources so they try to get booked for much mor longer period. so if they are asking for sample it means they are interested in your work but making a new project specially for indie people isnt so easy that we get a script today and start tomorrow. only BIG pro houses or studios have this potential.

Last edited:
ad2478
Ma man, I am quite aware of everything you just pointed out. I don't think though that you understood me. I was stating that a good example of responding to an ad, like you said, "I would like to see your work, but I'm busy with something else right now", is precise and appreciated.
A bad way though is to say, "I have skill, I like your skill, we could make a good team". What is it? a compliment? a proposal? a wish? a dream? I don't know what this person is implying, it's vague. That is what I mean by a bad response.
If someone wants to see my work, and yet they aren't ready to do anything. It's cool with me. I'll send you my work, just say exactly that. I do understand that people have different schedules. That is why I am concise. I'm also an editor, so being straight to the point is a virtue.
Thanks my friend, enjoy your holy month.
SKZ

I'm looking for then next big idea in horror. Something that will change the direction
of the genre the way "Night of the Living Dead" did in the late 60's - the way
"Halloween" and "Texas Chainsaw" did in the 1970's - the way "A Nightmare on Elm
Street" and "Friday the 13th" did in the 80's and the way "Saw" did more recently.

Do you have a budget in mind for this "next big idea in horror"?

I have a Movie Idea , where do i go!

Hello All

I am a new member of this forums , and didnt have time to cruse around , hope i am posting this in the right place .

If i have an idea for a movie that i think its gona work :D .
where do i go ?

I already spoke to a ScreenWriter and he told me to get it writen somewhere , either as a script or a story to be converted to a script later ,
i am no writer . not a good one at least ,

so any ideas how to get my idea to life ! :)

Thanks

Hello All

I am a new member of this forums , and didnt have time to cruse around , hope i am posting this in the right place .

If i have an idea for a movie that i think its gona work :D .
where do i go ?

I already spoke to a ScreenWriter and he told me to get it writen somewhere , either as a script or a story to be converted to a script later ,
i am no writer . not a good one at least ,

so any ideas how to get my idea to life ! :)

Thanks

As the old saying goes, ideas are a dime a dozen. It's the execution of that idea the sells (or could). And you can't copyright an idea, either. If you were to write it down on paper (or type it up instead of verbalizing it) how many pages would it fill? If you fill 1 out of 120 pages, does that mean you are only entitled to 0.833% of anything that comes of it? I'm sure you understand the problem. The majority of work involved in screenwriting (or any writing, really) is not coming up with ideas. It's coming up with a completed work in which someone would want to invest time and money to make into a film. And hopefully that film would find an audience to recoup that investment.

If you told your idea to five different writers, you'd end up with five very different films in execution.

So, what you need to do is find a collaborator who is willing to help you flesh out that idea. I'm sure there are many writing partnerships in which one is a writer and another just a sounding board and brainstorming department (that's how I wrote my first script, giving an associate "Story By" credit to my collaborator). Get as much of that idea as possible executed on paper so you have enough to copyright. Otherwise, the idea isn't worth much, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Which script of yours shows your writing at its best? What catagory
does it fall into?

All my writing is superb ma man...I've been writing some that's why I've been away Mr. directorik.

Anyway filmmakers, I have more scripts, drama, action and horror, including a blockbuster, that i'm concluding the editing process on, it's in the tradition of Independence Day and Godzilla. Next I will embark on a romance feel-type...it's that season...what can I say...

Let's not waste time ladies and gentlemen, let's conversate...

You can email me at streitkreyz@yahoo.com

All my writing is superb ma man...I've been writing some that's why I've been away Mr. directorik.

Anyway filmmakers, I have more scripts, drama, action and horror, including a blockbuster, that i'm concluding the editing process on, it's in the tradition of Independence Day and Godzilla. Next I will embark on a romance feel-type...it's that season...what can I say...

You can email me at streitkreyz@yahoo.com

Dude... Why don't you toss up a small example somewhere for us to peruse... 10 pages or less just so we can all see if you're as good as you say.

filmy

so...
I'm looking for a filmmaker to partner with, a bidnes venture. No hijackers, no fooling around...only serious minds, driven to succeed. You don't have to be the best filmmaker yet. believe me you'd get there if we partnered, otherwise you'd feel awful for ruining a perfect script...haha. holla...

I’m with ya, SKZ. I don’t want to waste time which is why three
months ago I asked you which script shows your writing at its best.
I didn’t ask if all your writing is surburb - I assume it is.
What I’m interested in, is what script YOU feel shows your
talent and skills at their best.

My question still stands.

directorik...
Each script is different, with a life of it's own, it's like picking between milk and dark chocolate. They're all delicious.
Why don't we do this...if you're honestly serious, not just killing time with a lot of questions, no offense ma man...give me an email address, I'll close my eyes, pick a script and email it to you. Then you can tell me what you think, maybe I can alleviate your apprehension...
holla

so...
I'm looking for a filmmaker to partner with, a bidnes venture. No hijackers, no fooling around...only serious minds, driven to succeed. You don't have to be the best filmmaker yet. believe me you'd get there if we partnered, otherwise you'd feel awful for ruining a perfect script...haha. holla...

VPTurner...
"Please allow me to be humbled by your greatness, dawg."

I'm not great yet dawg, that's why i'm still in these circles. Anyway, humility is an essence of wisdom, I respek you playa and I'm humbled in turn.

I sent you an email this morning, let me know if you've got it.

SKZ.

WeightOnWheels...

I sent a script to the new email you provided. A comment would be appreciated...

thanks
SKZ

directorik...
Each script is different, with a life of it's own, it's like picking between milk and dark chocolate. They're all delicious.
Why don't we do this...if you're honestly serious, not just killing time with a lot of questions, no offense ma man...give me an email address, I'll close my eyes, pick a script and email it to you. Then you can tell me what you think, maybe I can alleviate your apprehension...
holla

No thanks, SKZ. That's not the way I want to read a script. Using your
analogy: I'm not interested in milk chocolate, I want dark. I don't want
a writer who cannot show me (a producer) what I want, but will just
randomly choose a script for me to read - a script I may not even be
able to produce.

As I've said before, I'm very serious and actively looking for scripts to
produce. This is the second time you've suggested I'm not what I say
I am.

Fair enough. For the second (and final) time, I will apologize to you for
stepping in. It won't happen again.

Back