• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Screenplay wanted for a short film

We are currently seeking to acquire a screenplay for the production of a short film that we plan to use to tour film festivals and submit to distributors.

PLEASE READ THIS POSTING CAREFULLY BEFORE REPLYING.

DO NOT SEND ANY ATTACHMENTS. Any email with attachments will not be opened and will be immediately deleted without being read.

This is a great opportunity for a writer to get his short story produced and distributed, and establish a relationship with a new production company. The Producer has produced and managed feature films in the past.

We are seeking original work only, and you must have the full rights to the material. Any works on fact-based stories, media events or stories of real incidents or people, any parodies, or works that include trademarked titles will not be accepted. No animations. Your screenplay must also be copyrighted with the Library Of Congress so be ready to provide a registration number.

Please reply to this posting with a synopsis, summary, or treatment, of your screenplay with a maximum length of one page as part of your email. DO NOT ATTACH A FILE OR DOCUMENT. IF YOU DO SO THE EMAIL WILL BE DELETED.

Please also include a short letter that includes your background and goals.
Send your replies to info@ochavoproductions.com

Library of Congress? Are you serious? Good luck with that. I could see being registered with the WGA, but the LC is pushing it. And you aren't even asking for a feature length script!

Hey guys, in case you didn't know, it only costs $35 to copyright your work at the Library of Congress. I've done it twice myself. :)

Onl;y $30...

Lilith said:
Hey guys, in case you didn't know, it only costs $35 to copyright your work at the Library of Congress. I've done it twice myself. :)
It's actually only $30 and you use form PA:

DOWNLOAD FORM PA WITH INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1
Make sure your work is a performing arts work. Performing arts works are intended to be “performed” directly before an audience or indirectly “by means of any device or process.” Included are (1) musical works, including any accompanying words; (2) dramatic works, such as scripts, including any accompanying music; (3) pantomimes and choreographic works; and (4) motion pictures and other audiovisual works.

Note: Performing arts registration is not the same as registering a sound recording. Read more about choosing the correct registration method. To register sound recordings, see the Sound Recordings instructions. Read more about the registration of musical compositions and sound recordings.

Step 2
Put into one envelope or package:

a completed application Form PA or Short Form PA (choose which form to use)
a $30 payment to "Register of Copyrights."
nonreturnable copy(ies) of the material to be registered. (Read details on deposit requirements for musical compositions, motion pictures.
Please read this important notice about mail delivery disruption.

Step 3
Send the package to:

Library of Congress
Copyright Office
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20559-6000

Your registration becomes effective on the day that the Copyright Office receives your application, payment, and copy(ies) in acceptable form. If your submission is in order, you will receive a certificate of registration in 4 to 5 months.

Back