• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Ready: A Short Film contest

Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of Miramax films, is judging the finalists for our next filmmaking contest. The film length is 2 minutes, $10,000 is up for grabs, and there is no submission fee. Also, by registering as a MediaLiquid DVmaker, you have access to our DVmaker directory, which you can use to find actors and other people interested in filmmaking. All of the information is on our DVmaker site:

www.MediaLiquid.com/DVmaker

Hope to see you soon.

-The MediaLiquid Team

Here is some additional info that might save you the time of looking it up.

The America Prepared Campaign is looking for a compelling and engaging short film, running no longer than 2 minutes, convincing Americans that preparation for natural and man-made emergencies saves lives. The contest finalists will be judged by Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of Miramax films. $10,000 in contracts will be awarded to the contest winners, and the winning spots will be widely distributed by the America Prepared Campaign's media partners.

Are there any fees for registering or submitting?
Registration is absolutely free, and there are never any submission fees. However, if you choose to mail in your submission rather than use our automated upload system, you will be required to include a $10 handling fee

Looks like it is set up to be an ongoing programme... and it looks like a win/win for both Liquid and short-makers, if I understand the concept of what they are doing correctly.

:shock:

*NOTE*

1) The prize-money is effectively a buyout of one's film (if chosen to "win"), including all rights in perpetuity, etc.

2) For anyone who has started working on this without getting the "developer's pack" for more details first... this project is geared towards terrorist attack preparedness, as opposed to earthquake/typhoon readiness.

Just an fyi.

8)

Zensteve said:
*NOTE*

1) The prize-money is effectively a buyout of one's film (if chosen to "win"), including all rights in perpetuity, etc.

Just an fyi.

8)

And there are different prize level amounts, so make sure you are willing to sell off the rights to your film for the lowest amount of money they offer as a prize.

Did anyone have a shot at putting something together for this?

All my scripts keep breaking down into political diatribes, which are expressely forbidden. :(

I'm trying to put something together in my spare time. It's not happening very quickly though! I keep coming up with ideas that break the "fear" rule :P

Back