What movie has the highest body count?

We had a discussion the other day about what movie holds the world's record for the most killings/deaths. Anyone know?

This was prompted by watching "Kill Bill" and seeing Uma off the 88 gang with her sword. I don't know how many people were killed in "Kill Bill" but it looked like 100+.

Also, if someone could point me to a source to verify the answer... we have a bet going on.

Lounging on a bar stool on the set of the House of Blue Leaves, Tarantino admits that realizing this sequence—in which Thurman eviscerates a grand total of 76 masked stuntmen—is the biggest challenge of his directorial career

...from here

That's just the Crazy-88 fight, btw.

It's a start, anyway ;) There are a few other non-fan (ie: "news") websites with more bodycounts, with a quick Google.

i'm thinking its probably a war film of some kind... something with an army such as the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness trilogy, Lord of the Rings, etc.

yeah I'd have to say lotr if you put all of them together, that's not just a lot of orcs, but elves and humans too (and yes the books are better-- And hobbits would be added to the count)
-Tine

>>but elves and humans too<<

Indeed, though that depends on how far back you go in the "history". The downfall of Numenor certainly had to be a large number of people (ie Akallabeth in Adunaic). Anyway, getting a wee bit off topic here :D.

Well yes, but that wasn't in the movie-- that's why the hobbits don't count (in the battle of Bywater)

Shot Renegade said:
Surely it would be in Star Wars, where they blow up whole planets!!!! What a morbid topic :D

lol yes, but are they not always the best topics? Yeah they blow up planets but having never seen star wars are there people on the planets? Are we including plant life here?

Too many tie on that one... it's have to be a cartoon cause how do you know none of the 'characters' (extras) didn't die and it just didn't make it into the story?

Back