• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Zombie Causes?

Hey everyone!

Recently an idea for a Zombie movie popped into my head. It will be a thriller/drama and not the typical cheesy horror zombie movie with the living dead it will actually have a different approach.

Anyways, I'm trying to come up with a way for this to happen and as I have some ideas, I'm still researching other zombie movies to see how they became that way in their movie.

So far I have seen:

- Virus
- Experimentation/Science
- Voodoo
- Toxic waste
- Apocalyptic Comets

Anyone else seen any other causes of zombies in movies?

Dawn of the Dead

I liked the brief philosophical explanation made in the original Dawn of the Dead movie... "When hell is full, the dead will walk the earth."

It's not a virus/voodoo/comet cause, but it's interesting.

Thanks Scrappy :)

RENEGADE- I will relentlessy resort to over done horror as much as I damn well please! :P

Actually it wouldn't be considered a zombie movie because the people "transoforming" aren't dead and they don't really eat brains. And the story isn't really going to be a slasher movie but a thriller/drama like I said. It will be sad :(
But "zomebie" is the best way for me to try and describe them hehe

I think I'm going to go with a Science/Virus explanation background for this.

please be sure to research some real science! Too many movies/books utilize "Scientific Explanations" which even my Grandma could scoff at :D. Good luck with it!

hey yeah, that was a great book! It's been a long time since I've read it (back in like 6th grade), but when I watched Equilibrium (completely different story concept)...it kinda reminded me of the book, maybe because of the whole control issue, but now I have to go back and reread the book

Oh it's so good, it changed my whole view of the world and the way I approach life, I am sooo glad I read it. I feel like my mind is now free of their (reality TV producers and other such retards) clutches!

Unfortunatly though, I still live with 'Mildred" (my dad) and it drives me crazy! I just read the book last year (12th grade) but I'll never, never forget it.

A good book indeed. It's rather sad how society is becoming more and more that way (rather sickening actually).

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here read "The Art of War" (Sun Tzu) or any of Immanuel Kant's work?

ouch really getting off topic here, sorry!

no, but my brother has it, it's on my long list of books I have to read!

What's really sickning is not the fact that the world is becoming like that, but the fact that it IS like that, but no one realizes it. The only difference is a couple minor extreem parts, but remember that part with mildreds frien who had all her kids by C-section even though she didn't have to? Well I read an article in the paper about how they're doing that now! Stuff like that, exact predictions and everyone said it could never happen and yet here we are.

Sorry okay now I'll stop being off-topic lol (why don't we just start a new topic?)

...The world has become a genetically alterated civilzation. People are genetically engineered to be workhorses, only fueled by greed. When Doctors contaminate someone's body, from a car accident, with an experimental bacteria from a different section of the hospital, the outbreak begins.

Suddenly people start dropping left and right, and then rizing again as zombies, people are frantic.

The "word on the street" is that the non-genetically engineered people started the virus, since they are society's outcasts to begin with.

Enter your main people: The non-engineered humans, hunted now by both zombies and genetically engineered humans.

The humans are faster, stronger than regular people, but they are greedy and quick to not work together. They all want to make a name for themselves.

The zombies are slow, but relentless. Blowing off a limb only slows them down. And there are tons of them now.

DeceptionA said:
...The world has become a genetically alterated civilzation. People are genetically engineered to be workhorses, only fueled by greed. When Doctors contaminate someone's body, from a car accident, with an experimental bacteria from a different section of the hospital, the outbreak begins.

Suddenly people start dropping left and right, and then rizing again as zombies, people are frantic.

The "word on the street" is that the non-genetically engineered people started the virus, since they are society's outcasts to begin with.

Enter your main people: The non-engineered humans, hunted now by both zombies and genetically engineered humans.

The humans are faster, stronger than regular people, but they are greedy and quick to not work together. They all want to make a name for themselves.

The zombies are slow, but relentless. Blowing off a limb only slows them down. And there are tons of them now.
interesting idea :)

That made me think of a sort of chrysalids thing, except like the zombies are not realle zombies at all, just mutants but the harmful ones are the humans, and the mutants are nice... I don't know what made me think of that but I like your idea

Back