A question regarding Adobe After Affects

Does anyone know how you can get titles to roll and for the titles to be split in After Effects?
I've tried to do this over and over again but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks! :D

pagemaster

I assume you’ve created the titles in a text layer already. You have to treat the titles as an object and manipulate the position with keyframes. For instance if you want to have a vertical scroll, at the starting point on the timeline, click on the name of the layer and press P to open the position attributes. Change the Y coordinate (the second one - X,Y,Z - it should be defaulted to 360, 270. 0)on the position attribute (depending on how big it is the number will change, but start at -270 and see how it looks) for the layer and enable a keyframe by pressing the clock icon. Go to the time you want the scroll to end on the timeline, and change the Y value to, say, 500 and see how it looks. The layer should move vertically from bottom to top over the course of the time between the two keyframes. Change the Y values to adjust the speed.

I don’t know what you mean by split.

Chris

Oh, yeah, on vertical scrolls, be careful of interlace flicker with small font sizes. Also, because of contrast bleed, if they’re white titles on a black background, either reduce the white so it is off white/grey or make sure the font has a transitional pixel around the edge so you don’t get bleedover and serious artifacting halos.

I'm not sure what you mean by "split" titles, either.

As far as rolling credits go, both the Premiere and Pinnacle NLE's that I have used have had rolling titles as a basic function. You might want to look at whatever software you are using to see if it is included... and avoid the whole export/import/export/import altogether, that would have to be done, to just have rolling credits/titles done in AE.

8)

Yeah, Premiere has a title program, but I don’t like it. I have so much more control over the titles in the AE environment. Also, at least with the Adobe programs, you can import the Premiere project into AE and then export the entire video in one step, so there is no importing and exporting.

Back