I Am DB article - Sunday Aug 1st edition - Indianapolis Star

Meet the "I Am DB" crew, er...cast

Hello All,
My name is Jason Jolliff and I would like to tell you about my current project which has already received some publicity with this IMC Interview.

If you would like more info on the snowball that is "I Am DB" please visit the official "I Am DB" movie info site

Also, be sure to sign up for the weekly newsletter on the website as well so that you can keep track of the films progress.

Last edited:
Production recently filmed in NY (we drove from Indianapolis). The trip went great and we were able to do a little skit on Cold Pizza which is a morning talk show on ESPN2. Stay tuned to the website as I will be posting that clip in the next week.

Did I mention that I ran into Edward Burns and Rachel Dratch (SNL) in the lobby of our hotel? They were shooting a movie. Pretty random but cool...

NewYork_Ed-Burns_400.jpg

NewYork_Rachel-Dratch_400.jpg

No. It's actually a play on words concerning the Internet Movie Database. This movie is going great. Check out the website to see what this film is doing.

Nice flick. If you would like me to put the spotlight on you on my site drop me a line with your movie synopsis, director info pic, etc and I will throw a section up for you. look in the indie section to see what sort of focus we put on the movie.

Cheers

FINALLY!

The Phase 1 trailer for my "I Am DB" movie is finally complete and ready for public consumption. Please take a moment to view the trailer and let me know what you think. Does this help explain the concept for the movie a little bit better? Are you anxious to see what happens? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section of my website or on this forum.

It's nice to finally be able to show people what's been going on and what to expect from this film.

The trailer is available in several formats and file sizes for your viewing pleasure and will also be available from the TRAILER download section of IFdotNet (soon).

Keep in mind that this will be the lowest quality that you will see from the film. As the movie continues to create itself, the formats will change to higher quality from Pro DV, to HD, and finally to film.

"I Am DB" Phase 1 movie trailer

Actually I am meeting with a producer tomorrow to discuss a budget and fundraising. Everything up to this point has been no budget (or whatever I could afford to put into production out of my own pocket).

It's a very exciting time right now.

Thanks for watching.

The trailer is getting a lot of attention and a very possitive response. I have dedicated an entire page to this. Check it out:
QUOTES PAGE

Some interest has been generated from the flyers that were distributed around my appartment complex (The Lakes). Sarah Goldman and Melanie Bailey are two neighbors that have become part of production. Sarah is a writer and will be working on such things as a press releases, articles, and other publicity related matters. Melanie will be helping out with office type duties and errands, freeing me up more and allowing me to focus on things that need my personal attention. Thank you both for joining the crew.

Thank you all for your support and be sure to check out the website and links. This helps the film more than you can possible imagine.

You know...I don't know. For 3 weeks it was holding real solid in the mid 30k range and then suddenly dropped big time last week (It's back to 56,658 this week). Truthfully that doesn't matter too much at this point. However, we are getting ready to hit our big marketing push in the next few weeks. We have the big newspaper here in Indy (Indianapolis Star) wanting to do a story on us. We also have connections to the Bob and Tom Show. So really we haven't done a whole lot of marketing for the film so the numbers are kinda doing their own thing.

That's about to change though. We're doing this big push right before the investor party to throw us into Phase 3. Very exciting stuff.

IMC (IMC.tv) is Indy's Music Channel. It is kinda like MTV for Indianapolis. IMC and IndianapolisFilm.net have a cool relationship going on to where IMC host weekly filmmaker interviews during their Mornings on IMC section. Basically filmmakers are able to be on the show and talk about what they have worked on and ARE working on. They also may show a clip of that work. It's a very cool thing to have available as a filmmaker to help get the word out about your work.

"I Am DB" and "Fear Factor"

We have just acquired the producer skills of Deborah Wolff who has done PM and producer work on such reality shows as Fear Factor, The Mole, and The Amazing Race.

We are very excited to have her on board with this project. She is currently working on setting up the budget so that we may be better equipped to acquire funds.

It's a very exciting time for this film...

Be sure to sign up for the email newsletter right from the site. We send out weekly or bi-weekly newsletters to keep "fans" up to speed on all the latest happenings of the movie. Your participation with the newsletter helps more than you know...

Thank you

Congrats and good luck on your project Jason.

btw.. of the subject a bit but there is a Bob and Tom show in Sacramento on KWOD. but i havnt listen to them in months so Im wondering if they moved their show up to the midwest.

I have hopped on board ATA’s non-stop flight 101 where it will touchdown in LAX at 9:45 Pacific time. I will remain in Cali until Wednesday July 28.

I will be meeting with Deb Wolff (my producer) to hammer out details concerning the budget. So far the budget is ~50 – 75 percent complete.

I will also meet with Don Smiley (entertainment lawyer) who is in the midst of incorporating I Am DB and getting us ever closer to the point that we can start accepting investors.

If time permits, I plan on doing some location scouting while I’m out here in preparation for Phase 3. I have already done some searches online and have narrowed down the choices a bit.

It looks like I will be featured on an England based half-hour internet show called Inside-Report, which showcases independent filmmakers. It’s a very high quality show and I am excited to be a part of it. Thank you to Sky Wilson and everyone else involved at IR.

For all those of you who are in Indy and surrounding area, the film will be featured in the Indianapolis Star on August 1st. Bonnie Britton fought to get us in the Sunday paper so we are looking forward to the added exposure.

I have to admit I will be mixing a bit of pleasure on this west coast trip as I go to the Comic-Con convention in San Diego. I guess this is a pretty big event as there is scheduled to be appearances by celebrities such as Sarah Michelle Gellar, Keanu Reeves, and ummm…that one guy from Blade II: Trinity (I don’t remember his name and I can’t check out the schedule for Comic-Con because I am typing this from 35,000 feet above the ground and have no internet access). Anyone else going to be at this event? Look for me…I’m the bald guy…I’m sure I’ll be the only one.

That’s it for now. Be sure to keep a watchful eye on the I Am DB website and this thread as I will be giving updates whenever possible.

East Coast, Midwest, West Coast…I Am DB is rollin’…gotta love it!

Back