Opinions about a possible film

Hello all,

Well, I've got this idea in my head for a long time and wanted to see what others think. I'm bringing it out in the open because I think now is a good time for it.

I know I'm a bad writer but I do have the concept and idea. I'm trying to write a novel about growing up as a Saudi male. Its very hard to put on paper but I'm trying. I'm also thinking a movie or a series on this concept would be a great idea. what do you think?

I am broke so no near future plans for this but it is something that I'm thinking about and need feedback to see if I am at all able to make it.

Oh if interested this is my website http://www.asaudilife.com not much worth seeing there but should provide an idea.

Sounds like an interesting concept. You should elaborate a little bit more as to what you actually want to do. Your description seems very vague. Are you trying to create a series or a fictional movie, or a doc?

Thanks for the reply.

No it aint a doc. It would be very difficult to do one.

I don't know whether it should be a series or a movie. Its a real life fiction.

The idea is to follow the lives of a few fictional Saudi males. Trying to see how they think and influenced. follow their reactions to 911 and bin laden for example. Show different thoughts and how culture effects them.

It could happen here in the US or in Saudi Arabia or in both counties and maybe other countries.

For example.. We follow a character that is very liberal and the he is changed to a religious freak and then a terrorists. How it all started and why.
Another character is a moderate everyday saudi and how he turned out.

Well I know this aint clear but its a huge mess in my head and desperately need to organize it on paper.

Hope this helps a bit.

Turki said:
Well I know this aint clear but its a huge mess in my head and desperately need to organize it on paper.

Yeah, do that. Until you have a clear perception of what you want, I don't know if I can help. I like your idea though. I especially like the idea of watching what a guy goes through to become a zealot then a terrorist. I don't know if that's ever been done effectively.

Poke

Post it notes help! You can write scenes down and them stick them all over your walls like a work of modern art! Radical!!!! I find it helps get the mess out of your head and into reality... then you can make room in your head to help you organise reality ;)

My biggest problem has always been getting a story out of the feelings I wish to express. I know precisely the feelings I wish to convey but working out a fuill fledged story that will actually transfer these feelings to the audience is a real pain :roll:

Back