• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Sententia" Short film - Post your comments please

SENTENTIA is Ksfilms first step in the High Definition field. KS founders, Dante Zambrano and Jose Cassella were looking for a visually unique-dramatic vehicle to test the HD format. The project finally started pre-production August of 2002. Once SENTENTIA was written and visualized, reality set in and it was determined that in order to create a visually compelling short film we were going to have to deal with a very limited budget, virtually no crew and a hard to get location, in this case, a huge cathedral. But in the end, the project was completed in HD thanks to the cooperation of many people that believed in this strange, abstract but hypnotic Short film. We hope that you enjoy it.

You can download this short at

http://sententia.ksfilms.com

Short Film

Hmmm nice film - very dark though!

Found it bit dragging though, and although it was probably slow for atmosphere I think it could be edited down and still have the same effect for its audience.

Cinematography was fantastic and weldone for getting that location! Would have been nice to have seen that place hazed out, get shafts of light through the windows - mmmmm.

Thought the music was a bit over complex and distracting in some parts and could have been better taking more of a back seat.

but good! and - Radical!

Great Work!

As far as it dragging, I sometimes like it when a film is slow and deliberate, if the story calls for it. This stroy calls for it.

I'm surprised they let you use the cathedral considering the subject of the film.

Like I said Great Work!

Poke

PS The main little girl looks almost exactly like my twin cousins. That sent a chill down my spine.

"strange, abstract but hypnotic Short film"

Well put. Well executed. Yes it drags, but I agree with Poke, to do this story it kind of has to deliberately. Besides, for the main character he cannot escape this torture day in and day out, the fact that we have to witness the slow torture for 6-8 minutes is a good sample of it. Metaphorically, one could say he has created his own hell within the house of God, an enormous paradox, and yet it is incredibly relevant given the problem with the church today.

I cannot belive you secure the cathedral and the costumes, well done!

Thanks for the comments guys.... For the so short time we had and the really Low budget, (Problem we all have) I am happy it came out the way it did. Of course we wanted so much more done, but again...the little time and money didnt allowed us to.

The Cathedral....well, lets just say that "luck" was the thing, Met a Priest on a friends family gathering, and the first thing I asked him, after I knew where was his church, was if I could shoot there. "no Problem" he said.... Very difficult location to do any work...specially after all the problems on the News...

But hey, The Priest is Italian, came to the US not long ago. Here in Italy, the mentality is way totally different when it comes to letting you film. Not like in Boston, where we shot the short. which is One of the reasons we moved out, now we are between Italy and Miami; working on our new feature length...
anyhow...Peace...Thanks for the comments :D

Back