Helping with Distribution

I have thought about starting a service for indie filmmakers. I have a relationship with numerous Distributor/Producer's Rep and could get alot of Indies distribution. I could charge $49 with no back end points. Small price to pay for me doing all the work I would think.

Anyone have any feedback?

Chris

Can you post more details or post a link. To charge a fee you should have a proven track record. How about offering your services for free to a certain amount of people, and then post some testimonials on your site (if you have a site.) That'd be a good start to your service. Just a suggestion.

The help.

The $49 buys a link between you the filmmaker and Distributors/Producer's Reps. I have relationships with D/PR's that are in search of different genres. I will view the movie and forward to the appropriate contacts then they in turn will contact the filmmaker.

I have my company website but will create a new site with all of my sold movies. That will come later if I get good feedback from my research.

It took me 5 years to build these relationships. I would have paid $49 in a heartbeat to have had help.

Chris

Sounds great! The price is fair and a web site showing the titles you've been involved in selling is exactly what a filmmaker like me would want to see.

Let us know when you are ready to debut that new website. I'll be first in line with my 49 bucks.

Last edited:
So for $49 you'll watch the movie, then set up a distributor with the filmmaker? Kind of like coverage for a finished film.

Like rik, I await the site, but this sounds like a good deal on the surface.

Poke

I know this may seem like an obvious question, but if you recieve a film that you don't think you can place with your contacts (wrong genre or just plain not good enough) what happens?

I am only one eye in regards to "good enough". Many reps carry movies that dont have a shot at distribution. BUT.....giving that filmmaker the oppurtunity to say "ABC" has our first movie that we made for 5K.........just think what we can do with 25K to investors is priceless.

If I truly dont think I can get a movie looked at or picked up I will kindly give you a call informing you of it. Some will get distribution for $49 and others (hopefully not many) will pay $49 for me to give them an honest answer.

MORE TO COME GUYS.............JUST TESTING THE WATERS NOW!!

Very cool, Chris. Sounds like a fair deal.

Action and horror are the sellable genres for DTV with no names. You got a western repped? Makes me think I have a chance with my horror western.

I've got a real-time thriller with no names - a hard sell. But it might be worth fifty bucks to give you a shot.

Last edited:
Back