• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Shaken Baby Syndrome

Poke said:
Not necessarily true. Does Howard Stern have a message? Do Matt Stone and Trey Parker put any kind of message into "South Park" episodes? You could make a case for the message of Free Speech, but beyond that...

Many people have made art/entertainment for the sole purpose of shocking another person. It's a matter of personal preference whether or not you deem that worthy. At the same time, it's a right of a filmmaker to place things on screen that he deems worthy
(within legal limits).

Poke

I believe Matt and Trey put a message in alot fo their work. What about at the end of a South Park episode when Kyle explains the lessons learnt. Sure it's tongue-in-cheek but I think there is often a message. You could argue that a filmmaker has the right to illegally place things on screen that he deems worthy if justified. I am currently working on such a film.

I have to admit Melvin, there's something comedic about you as an actor after I watched a few more of your sketches.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong but of the South Park episodes I have watched recently, Kyle's lessons learned were all extremely tongue in cheek - so much so you could say the message was the exact opposite of what he said.

I think Team America and South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut had messages, but the majority of the regular SP episodes are sick humor for sick humor's sake. Even Matt and Trey say they put very little emphasis on message.

Now, would melvin's work be more viable if it contained a message? Maybe. But just because it doesn't contain a message (at first glance) doesn't make it wrong.

Another name was brought up while discussing this topic with a friend - Family Guy. That show never, ever, ever, ever contains any percievable message. In fact, some episodes even poke fun at that fact. And that show is a cult fav.

Poke

Back