• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

In Adobe Premiere

In Adobe Premiere + New Problem

Questions...

a) when i start a new project why is the standard at 720x480 rather than 640x480?

b) when i export the clip, now i set it up so that the clip takes away exactly the entire sequence, but i have black borders all around my clip. so does the sequence preview window not show the entire screen that is then being exported? if so is there anything i can do about it?

c) you see those lines that appear in the picture below? well when i play the files in bs player that's how it looks, if i turn bs player to original aspect, the dimension is still somewhere around: 640x480 (for whatever reason) although the dimension of the files is 720x576. but if i turn the video to 16:9 aspect those lines are as good as gone in bs player (which is just my regular media player). now how do i change the view of these files to 16:9 in adobe premiere?

Last edited:
when i start a new project why is the standard at 720x480 rather than 640x480?

720x480 is the NTSC standard.

You are in Europe, and should most likely be using PAL's 720x576.

You need to make sure that all settings are the same... imported video, photoshop files, titles, and the actual Project Settings themselves.

When you start mix & matching dimensions (and aspect ratios), strange things happen.

_______

Your image you posted looks like it's deinterlaced.

640 x 480 is the ntsc for analog cameras, 720x480 is for digital cameras :) The lines is called interlace, you can get rid of it within premiere, first right click the clip and go to field option and then flicker remove

You can also do a 'progressive' output, sometimes, if you captured with upper field first (which is with analog videos) and editing it with lower field (dv video), then you would get this as well.

mdifilm! i wish i could rep you or do something else. if i had a signature, you'd get credit in there. thanks alot, the lines are gone for good, wow didn't think that was possible considering i already had everything transfered from my handycam to my pc. i can't stop thanking you.

zen i knew about that see the thing is.

my video is split vertically into 3 seperately running screens, to do these of course i chose 640x480. but yeah the clips being widescreen comes more in handy in this case.

For question B:

Do you mean it appears surrounded in a small black box in your preview window?

I had that problem, and fixed it by going to Project Settings and clicking the "scale clips to project dimensions when adding to the timeline"

Not sure if that's the problem though. Good luck.

hmm, I just re-read about your question B, I think you are using 640x480 in a 720x480 timeline so there's a black border, within premiere you can 1. resize the entire clip to make them all fit the screen, or 2. just output that way, and ignore the black frame. Or 3. do what Spatula suggested :)

Johnny Wu
www.mdifilm.com

Back