I Stand Alone

I was just wondering if anyone has seen a French independent film by Gaspar Noe called, "I Stand Alone." I think it was made in 1999. Just out of curiousity, is it any good? I've heard mixed reviews, but i can't find it anywhere besides online.

I have not seen it but I know that he also edited Irreversible which has gotten talked about a lot...at least in this area.
I Stand Alone has a 7.4 on the IMDbPro MovieMeter.

I saw Irreversible, and I was dumbstruck by it. It was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. It's not for the light hearted though.

SPOILERS

It features an extended rape scene and one of the grissliest murders ever captured on film (I'm still not sure how they did it without murdering the actor).

END SPOILERS

As far as I Stand Alone goes, ever since I saw Irreversible, I've wanted to seek it out. I here it's every bit as gruesome and powerful as Irreversible.

Poke

Thanks for your answers. I will have to check both those movies out sometime and see if I can actually sit through them both. :lol:

I reaaally liked both films but i think Noe though being truthfull and enovative he needs more work in his way of directing....irreversible though was powerfull and its stuck in ur mind for a long time(esp that last part with Beethovens 7th symphony it really makes u feel so sad...)

Back