I might have a job on another feature film, but...

Well I've put my name down on resume's before. Okay what do I put exactly?

banging_head.gif

frustrated.jpg

"All the mental abilities of a small soap dish."

I once considered life as a comedian, but since knowing you (virtually) i would not have succeeded in being the worlds best, for you sir, give me the biggest laughs ever...

but if you must ask, put this down as your name:

im sure you will get better responses

H44, 8salacious9 was joking when he said don't put your name on your resume.

Why? Because you're driving a few people crazy. We're trying to help you but you have to help yourself too. E.g. asking that question about relevant experience was wasting people's time when Sweetie had already answered it for you... And hell of course you put your name on your resume - you know that, why do you even ask...

Think for yourself a bit! And get off the internet and get filming!

I once considered life as a comedian, but since knowing you (virtually) i would not have succeeded in being the worlds best, for you sir, give me the biggest laughs ever...

Perhaps a duo comedy act.
You set them up and he knocks 'em down.

Perhaps H44 should film a biopic on himself about trying to make a film.
Could end up better than American Movie

Send a blank sheet of paper.

Alternatively, you could include a list of your relevant questions here at IT.
H! F! S!
H44, under your Public Profile/Statistics/Find all threads started by harmonica44 it says "Showing results 1 to 25 of 500. "
Dude. You've REALLY started 500 threads here at IT? Seriously?

I've started 95 threads.
You win.

Aybabtu.png

BTW, you've already lost the gig. It's been four (4) days and you haven't even written your resumé yet.

This.

Hell, around here you can miss out on a job if it has been posted anywhere for 4 hours, much less 4 days.

H44 -

You should already have a resume on deck- a few actually since you cannot seem to find a focus - ready to go with little to no modification at a moment's notice.

Do not use an attachment.

Keep an email "draft" that is your resume in an email body. Copy/Paste it into a new email every time you want to send out a resume, with a brief introduction of yourself, your experience, and how you may be contacted in short, spell-checked, grammatically correct sentences. Indicate that your resume follows the short note and thank them for their time.

You're resume should include all relevant credits - paid or otherwise - until you have built enough credits to pick/choose what to list. Include the names of your department head (Director if you were acting, DP if you were the AC, etc) and the producer or production entity.

Since your credit list is light, it never hurts to include a skill summary at the beginning of your resume.

So your email should look like this:

-- Salutation

-- Briefly mention your interest in <position> and that you are <pleased, thrilled, whatever> for the opportunity to introduce yourself. Bonus points if you can, in 1 sentence, describe something about the position that appeals to you (Love the Genre, interesting challenge, believe in the projects ethos, whatever).

-- Briefly describe your experience, how it is relevant to the position at hand. Mention that you have included your resume at the end of the email for their convenience.

-- Thank them for their time and mention how they may contact you. Put your phone number AND your email address. Even if they are on your resume, in your email signature, and you are sending the note from the email address you list. Trust me on this one. It did not take many people asking me "what is your email address" IN AN EMAIL in reply to my email which has my contact info in my signature for me to figure out that you have to spoon feed contact info to the people reading these things. No offense meant to them, they are quite busy and have hundreds to sort through.

-- Closing Salutation

-- Paste Resume Here with tags indicating where it begins and ends.

-----

The most important thing is that you have to have these things on deck and ready to send out with only a few minutes of typing the actual email. Otherwise you won't be able to respond fast enough.

Last edited:
Back