Grant Providers...

Hey, everybody....

Do you think it might be useful to have a thread about grant providers? If anyone knows or hears about a provider, they can post it and give whatever information they might have, past or present?

...just an idea...what do you think?

--spinner :cool:

srw said:
Spinner, this is an excellent idea!!! Playboy has money available for non-commercial films and will invest in post production only. Anyone else?

...the Playboy grant is for about $2,000 and it looks for projects about reproductive health, sex and sexuality, race and ethnicity, etc. I do think that you have to have a fiscal sponsor for this one, too...

I think a good place to start with an application process for funding is your local state arts board. These awards are given to individual artists (no need for fiscal sponsership). I believe most deadlines are August and September. Just do a search for: (Whatever State you live in) Arts Board. The procedure usually requires the app form, proposal, previous work sample and references.

bird said:
I think a good place to start with an application process for funding is your local state arts board. These awards are given to individual artists (no need for fiscal sponsership). I believe most deadlines are August and September. Just do a search for: (Whatever State you live in) Arts Board. The procedure usually requires the app form, proposal, previous work sample and references.

...I agree with bird here, this is the best place to start, however....

If you are in Michigan, your project had better:

1. Have clear educational, non-profit value
2. Involve 'young people'
3. Involve the community or city in Michigan
4. Involve the state of Michigan
5. Be shot in Michigan or a city therein
6. Have a subject involving Michigan or a city therein

...my project is blown out of the water on all counts, I can't guarantee any shooting in Michigan; can't involve children (can you say drugs, sex, rock n roll? In my subjects, not the film). If you can make yourself fit the criteria, then by all means, take a shot at it. I am still trying to figure out if there is some way I can slip through... (start at www.michigan.gov and look around)

...Okay, about the Playboy Foundation...this is from the IDA data base:

...the foundation supports media projects that help to foster open communication about and research into human sexuality, reproductive health and rights; protect and foster civil rights and civil liberties in the US for all people, including women, people affedted and impacted by HIV/Aids, gays and lesbians, racial minorities, the poor and the disadvantaged; and eliminate censorship and protect freedom of expression.

...Projects must have nonprofit fiscal sponsorship to be eligible. For More information contact:
Playboy Foundation
680 North Lake Shore Dr.
Chicago, IL 60611
tel: 312 751 8000
web: www.playboy.com/pd-foundation (there's your excuse to go to the playboy website :lol: )
"...uh, you see, baby...uh, I was just looking for a...uh, grant for my project and....uh..."

...and the good news is they are a rolling deadline grant, which means no deadline, just send in your proposal... you better believe I'm gonna send my proposal, I fit this one in terms of freedom of expression and minorities... now if I can just find fiscal sponsorship :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back