• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Submitting to Competitions

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked before so if it has can someone kindly refer me to the topic.
Anyway, I understand some screenwriting competitions state they only want scripts that have never been submitted and some don't care either way.
When submitting to various different competitions is it possible to submit to numerous ones at the same time or is this unheard of?
Also once it has been submitted once can it not be submitted again?
Thanks

I thought they wanted unproduced scripts, not unsubmitted. I think you’d have to ask each competition if they will accept multiple scripts. Or, read the official rules, and if there is no provision against multiple submissions, then it shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks

Hi thanks for the feedback. When I meant multiple submissions I meant the same script, just different competitions.
I'm just wondering if it's possible to send your script to as many different comps as possible and if it wins in several comps whether this would pose as a complication.
I'm not ready for submitting yet but thought id at least know what im getting into
Thanks

Submit it to as many as you want. There is no conflict. Maybe it’ll win multiple awards. They usually won’t take scripts that have been produced, but if they won’t accept scripts that have been submitted to other competitions, I would be VERY warry.

Cheers

OK thanks that's what I wanted to hear. Glad I don't have to worry bout that anymore :) I swear I've seen one competition where they've said only send scripts that haven't been submitted before.

Back