• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Wanna see Indie Hi-Def? Trailer online...

I talked about this here a while back but doubt anyone remembers. Heeres the scoop. I wrote and directed a short film titled "Intersection" Shot on MiniDV with a running time of 28 min and a budget of just under $100. it won several film festivals and was then optioned into a Hi-Def feature film which we just wrapped production on.

Before that though we had to get investors. We ended up aquiring an HD cam and shooting a teaser trailer for it. It worked, we got our investors. Now you can experience it as well. We posted the teaser online. Now, bear in mind it isnt a clasic teaser. We held o shots, and let it run a little long because the investors didnt know much about HD and wanted to see if it "looked" like a movie. Now, you be the judge.

There have been several successful studio HD pictures, but this is truly independent HD. The budget for our featrure was under $20,000. (try shooting a 35mm feature with the locations and ensemble cast we have for under $20,000.)

Go to the below link, and when your done please toss your thoughts here as well as review. The compression is allright, but of course after seeing it projected in HD (as i have) it dosent do it justice. Oh, who cares? Enough yammering from me. Go watch and enjoy.
Redemption Trailer
Enjoy.

R. Michael
www.tizzyentertainment.8m.com[/img]

Great job and your DP did a very good job.
Some of the shots looked really soft in contrast was that done in post or the actual performance of the camera?
And on budget of a hundred bucks that looks great see now that's what I'm talking about making stuff happen.
Good luck with the full feature.
Keep us posted.
Soon I'll have my trailer up on line for "Beyond Sleep" a supernatural
thriller shot in Phila,Pa.

Director1
www.phillywoodentertainment.com

Well thank you. Just for the record though the trailer didnt cost $100. The short that got otioned for the trailer did. The trailer cost us around $4,000, but the feature cost under $20,000

as for the sft contrast, it was all filters. Alot of pro mist used to remove the "video edge" I think the D.P> went a little Pro mist crazy, but all in all im happy.We'll keep you posted.
R. Michael

The teaser is great. makes me want to see the short and the feature. very good camera work and acting. nice job

TizzyEntertainment said:
Go watch and enjoy.
Redemption Trailer
[/img]

Nice looking trailer. Good cinematography and set design.

I was a little confused as to what the story is but it does look great.

I think that you may want to tailor your trailer to reflect your story and that might pique even more interest for the audience.

Good job,

Martay

Teaser

Well I don't know how good the movie is but the teaser is superb. The music builds nicely and the rapid pace editing conveys a real good thriller.
Good luck with the movie

DCW :-({|=

Back